APC Forum

Strobe star nitrate based

Merlin

SKC, thank you.

I have KP/AP legal in my lab.

Strobe star size for horse tail effect - 8 mm, for peony - 5 mm.

Use two primes in your case:

1) Ba(NO3)2 - KNO3 - magnalium based /1 mm/, and

2) BP-magnalium based /1 mm/.

Roll with water & 5-7% dextrine or by Toro with 5% NC laque.

Edited by Yus

• 8 months later...

Thanks all, i just tried with yus conposition no 3, and still wait for drying process,

And how if i change barium with srontium nitrate? Can i make red strobe with Yus composition no.3 ? For next I want to try it, maybe add some pvc for donor red color.

@SW

YES!! I did it by Simple screen mix , using dextrine as binder...

I use syringe (medical thing) for making it in to cylindrical shape, no plastic wrapper, no paper or cardboard tube...

No major changes of dimensions has-been occurred before and after of the final product...

Simple sun dry...I think a full day is enough....But I do it for 2days because here it is now rainy season...

Actually I do not prime them...Yes!! After drying it takes some time to catch fire , when I do it in larger batch then I will definitely prime them....

Sorry I can't say mesh size of MgAl, but it is very fine powder...

No special tips is needed, it's very easy to make...

Yes!!! I am planning in using of NC instead of Dextrine as binder ... It may leads to more expensive...

Thanks...

I tried 100 grams of this with nitrocellulose as a binder in a 2 inch tube and it shot a giant blowtorch flame 20ft in the sky and lit my entire block up,lol Not the intended effect i was looking for,but damn impressive nonetheless

wonder where i went wrong.. the binder?

I tried 100 grams of this with nitrocellulose as a binder in a 2 inch tube and it shot a giant blowtorch flame 20ft in the sky and lit my entire block up,lol Not the intended effect i was looking for,but damn impressive nonetheless

Photos, please :=}

So i tried again but used half as much and i pressed it to 3000psi in a heavy wall tube. It had a much shorter flame and burnt even faster

I just tested strobo yus composition no 3,

Great result i like it

Thanks to all

Maybe i want to modification this formula, I want to make the strobe effect a little slower from the video,

I use magnalium 200mesh,

Maybe if i can't cange the size magnalium

How about add some coating oil to magnalium

whether it will make the strobe effect slower?

I ran out of dextrin,gotta be it. Every time i bind something with nitrocellulose it accelerates the burn like crazy. Strobe Formulas aren't meant to be screwed with much apparently.