APC Forum

Fire at AM pyro

Mumbles

http://bolivarmonews.com/news/alerts/update-blaze-at-fireworks-wholesaler-under-control/article_3646391a-7f26-11e8-979f-b3be12b43575.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

I feel bad for Aaron, but I feel really bad for the woman involved. I wish that on no one. It's hell, and that is a horrific tragedy and diagnosis.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact news@bolivarmonews.com or call (417) 326.7636.

Is it possible to get some sort of news recap?

Edited by MrB
  • Like 1

Gut wrenching bad news ........RECAP is the place is GONE - destroyed . Never knew news to be accurate but only 1 woman inside was still alive when they airlifted her out ......90% burn victim . Others were due to arrive shortly so that delay prolly saved their lives ?

Under investigation but scorched earth soooooo ? IDK what they can learn

Spontaneous ? Electrical ?, Did she drop something ? They manufactor so no clue if she was building or finishing up anything ? ,smoking ? doubt she'll have memory if she makes it ...... PRAY HARD for that poor soul. SOBERING REMINDER when things go sideways ..............

This is copied from a posting I made on Fireworking....

I just spoke with Aaron Mayfield (the owner of AM Pyro). It sounds as though the situation could have been much worse. Fortunately the building wasn't occupied when the fire started. The affected building was primarily their office, some storage and loading dock. Preliminary investigation shows the likely cause of the fire to be lightening.... NOTHING pyro related was the source of the ignition. He is asking the pyro community to refrain from speculation and to challenge any rumors that they may come across. Again, pyro related operations, manufacturing, handling, etc... were all done correctly and were not the cause of the fire. The person injured was outside the building when a portion of the hot structure fell on her. This resulted in 2nd & 3rd degree burns to the back of her body (approximately 60%) but no broken bones. They are fully insured and are still in business. The entire crew over at AM are wonderful people. At this point the best thing we can all do as a community is to be supportive, not spread rumors and, most importantly, help Sam through the GoFundMe account set up for her.

Edited by Bensmith