APC Forum

HARDT SULFUR BLUE

RiderX

I've always used a thick coating of meal. It lights easy but I prime it thick to ensure it slows down a but before displaying. Blues have a tendency to blow out at high speed.

I pretty much two step prime everything now. The first layer is a "hot prime". The second layer is mill dust with dextrin added. I have had very good results from this. The formula for my hot prime is;

71 Potassium Perchlorate

14 Charcoal

9 Red gum

4 Mg/Al

3 Dextrin

4 Silicon

I was having problems with blind blown stars on everything, including so-called easy to light stars. This priming method solved those problems.

Edited by MadMat

thanks guys i just primed them with some meal when i cut them , and then after i put them ina container with a lil more meal and rolled them around till they picked it all up

its a really small batch of stars , only 50 grams to try out in some 1 inch shells for now

They should light just fine. I've fired them unprimed from mines with good results so a thick layer of BP will most likely do the job. BTW that's my go to blue.

They should light just fine. I've fired them unprimed from mines with good results so a thick layer of BP will most likely do the job. BTW that's my go to blue.

yeah i think ur the one that recommended them to me , cant wait to try them out tommorow night

The formula was recommended by several guys to me and I've been very happy with it. Just remember blues like to be played with glitters and not other colors. I put some up with a red and it made them look dim. Put them up with D1 and they are fantastic!

• Like 1

The formula was recommended by several guys to me and I've been very happy with it. Just remember blues like to be played with glitters and not other colors. I put some up with a red and it made them look dim. Put them up with D1 and they are fantastic!

thanks for some reason i was thinking red/blue or blue /pink , but i ended up loading them in n1 glitter cakes

i spent all last night loading cakes , 172 cake shells loaded last night/ yesterday

, and now ive gota do a bunch of ball shells for tonight

wish id have bought more dr-11 tubes those lampares were supposed to be for tonight as well

Edited by RiderX

that blue is freaking awesome , i did a modified TT + blue ring and it was a very nice shell ill post the video up when i sort threw tonight footage

view from a different angle / better camera , from this angle the ring actually worked so im happy as can be about that

watch in 1080 and full screen

i should have broke this shell harder

going to make another batch of thees tonight , just not sure what size i should cut them for 3inch canister shells , any suggestions

¼" will work but I use 3/8" so they hang a bit.

thanks.

yeah the 1/4s i cut last time were a bit short burn wise , wasnt sure if i should go 3/8's or to 1/2

3/8's it is

I pressed up a pound of ¼" tonight for headers on my little 3/8" rockets. Pressing those little boogers is a PITA but my cutting skills suck worse.

I pressed up a pound of ¼" tonight for headers on my little 3/8" rockets. Pressing those little boogers is a PITA but my cutting skills suck worse.

ive had my comp mixxed and ready to go for a few days now , but i havent felt like doing anything else atm , maybe tonight ill cut them.

i have a desert race on saturday morning , so ive been trying to get to bed at a normal time all week, instead of staying up late making stars/shells etc etc