APC Forum

TLUD question

braddsn

Its aabout time you cook with TLUD!!!

• Like 1

¡Good ejecution, rise time, rise tail and strong opening!.Decent symmetry, can be improved with stars a little smaller for 3 "aerial shells.

I'm with wiley, eager to see more.
Have you tried kamuro stars change to white pearl ? Is a spectacular effect in the air. You have great hability for rolled stars and can get very good effects.
José

Edited by JOPETES

braddsn your shells are awesome for 3"! can you share with me te especifications of your shells? my shells dont look like that...

Jose te estoy escribiendo pero parece que no lo ves, puedes pasarme tu correo electrónico por favor? me gustaría hablar contigo...

Thank you Aspirina and Jose. The specifications for my shells mostly come from Jose (Jopetes), he gave me guidance to build shells like this. The colors that I used in these 2 shells are from the Jopetes PDF (Spanish). These stars are 9mm in size, I usually make 8mm for 3" shells. They are primed with .5mm monocapa prime, followed by 1.5mm ball milled black powder prime (bp + 5% silicon + 5% diatomaceous earth). Burst is meal coated rice hulls, 5:1 ratio, and 3" shells are boosted with 3-6g of spanish booster (35 KNO3, 35 KCLO4, 30 Dark AL). Shells are pasted with 6 layers. I lift all of my shells with meal coated hulls also.

With my shells 4" and larger, I like to make color changing stars, like the following:

https://youtu.be/PXlQeuLfLaw?t=12s

https://youtu.be/A670_WxPCuc?t=8s

https://youtu.be/TJDv7fOfdIk?t=18s

JOSE: I will try Kamuro to White Pearl next! :)

Brad, do you know that you should add an intermediate layer of monolayer (0.3-0.5mm ) between kamuro or willow and white pearl?

For this type of stars, a soft opening for the aerial shell, the effect is very beautiful. You can also make the horsetail effect.
As you can imagine these stars must be large and therefore for shells aerial 5" , 6" ....
José

Jose, I have started making these stars. I have the White Pearl cores finished. I will prime the white pearl cores with 50/50 White Pearl/BP, then add .5mm monolayer, then kamuro, then finally 1.5mm bp prime. I will be using these stars in 6" shells. :)

Jose, I have started making these stars. I have the White Pearl cores finished. I will prime the white pearl cores with 50/50 White Pearl/BP, then add .5mm monolayer, then kamuro, then finally 1.5mm bp prime. I will be using these stars in 6" shells. :)

Brad. I'll give you my opinion. It makes no sense to use two layers that perform virtually the same function. It is enough a single layer 0.5mm over the white pearl, or white pearl 50% + 50% bp or monolayer, you can use either of them and thus reduce 1mm total the size of the star.

José