APC Forum

Aluminum powder

eclipse

I want make thermite and basic problem is tahat aluminium. So, how I can make my homemade aluminum powder. At First I thought file it in aluminium foil and aluminium can, but it seems very hard work. At Second I thought make it with drilling machines iron brush and aluminium can, but someone who owners it said that could damage iron brush because aluminium is metal which get stuck to iron brush very easily. At third I thought that I could melt aluminum and mix that with ironoxide, but "wikipedia" said that thermite can light up when aluminium is melted so idea could work fine, but it would be too dangerous if thermite flame up now. :huh:

So, any ideas?

:blink:

Here's an idea, start searching the forums. The info you want is available here. Check the thermite threads first. Perhaps posting this in one of the existing thermite threads for questions of the same topic would be good as well.

As for the melting thing, if you are seriously considering that option, you have much to learn and should not touch a chemical for a long time.