I couldn't find a purple star using what chems I had on hand while offline, so I took a red (#4) and a blue (#3) from the pyrotechnic cookbook and combined them in the ratio used by Veline (80% blue, 20% red)
I made them as a cut star using acetone as solvent.
I overwet the mixture causing some of the red gum to run out of the mix during the roller flattening, but it didn't run off the baking paper I dried it on.
They took 2 days to dry and lit so easily that I primed them with only BP.
Potassium Perchlorate. - 59.2
Copper Oxide - 10.4
Red gum - 12
Parlon - 12.8
Strontium Nitrate - 6.2
Violet 1.jpg 26.59KB 8 downloads