APC Forum

Ground Blooms For Inserts

OldMarine

So by this reply I take it you have a press?

I'm sure the method your describing can be hand pressed(rammed), I was just curious what kind of press you have.

If you do indeed have a press, that .

And by colored herb you mean ammonium perchlorate comps? Or just any gerb comp colored or gold/silver comps will work?

Cuzz I tried the colored fire comps and they just don't have enough umphff to spin the tubes. I didn't exactly leave any hollowed space on either end though. So I'll give that a try asaic.thanks

Edited by WindowLicka

The red and green from this article work well. You need to start with a small nozzle opening and increase it just until you get a good spin. I hand ram these since I'm using spherical titanium and not using extreme force.

I'm not sure which article OM intended to include, but I'd suggest trying out some of John Glasswick's colored gerb compositions as a start. They all have Ti, but should work without them. There are also colored rocket compositions around that would probably work as well

http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/colored-firework-fountains.asp

http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/How-to-make-sky-rockets/green-and-red-rockets.asp

Oops, it was the Skylighter article on colored gerbs. Thanks Mumbles, I hadn't had enough coffee before posting!

I think most little consumer fireworks make good shell inserts. Firecrackers and de-sticked moon travelers are fun in small can shells. I bet darts (aka speedballs or zips) make good go-getters.

Ran out of time for this PGI, going to be helping SWMBO for the week, no time to launch the Twister Sticks shell. :(

Ran out of time for this PGI, going to be helping SWMBO for the week, no time to launch the Twister Sticks shell. :(

Are you not going?

Yes, thank God! It's just that my wife is running the food stuff at PGI and I volunteered to be her right hand man. I am leaving all the shells in the mag and just taking simple stuff to play with. I do have a bunch of dola frames that may stay home to, I was only able to press 23 drivers...

Meh, better to be prepared to the point of comfort than to panic when assembling them. There will be another time.