APC Forum

Kno3 slow flash booster

Sparx88

I can't help but ask. Perc and silicate or benzoate diluted 2:1 with meal is benzolift. It is at least twice a powerful as BP so why can't it serve as a Booster coated on BP rice hulls rather than a flash seems you could get around aluminum completely?

Benho lift is just whistle cut in a 7/3 manner with meal. Whistle is either salicylate or benzoate and works beatifull as a booster if made with hot bp.

As for boosters, for shells 3" to 8", it is hard to beat 35/35/30 (35 KNO3, 35 KCLO4, 30 Dark AL). I have tried a few different boosters and this one outperformed the rest. It is a little more forgiving than 70/30 (less likely to blow blind stars) but still powerful enough to make those huge fast breaks.

• Like 1

I am with Mumbles on this one. I mentioned this in a recent post about slow flash booster. People hear 'slow flash' and think it's somehow safer. In my experience, slow flash is in no way 'slow', and it's quite a bit easier to ignite. 70/30 is not quite as sensitive as most think.

That last part, was no news to me. But please let me ask a stupid question, to clarify things:

All the warnings and hyped-up fears we used to learn about 70:30, do they apply to slow flash?

That last part, was no news to me. But please let me ask a stupid question, to clarify things:

All the warnings and hyped-up fears we used to learn about 70:30, do they apply to slow flash?

Heck yes they do. I try to treat any of it as if it could be the one that bites back. And all the slow flash recipes I have tried, I think 6 of em, and everyone of them will damage just the same. They do burn slower in the open though so maybe thats why they are called slow flash.

• Like 1

Ubehage, absolutely. In my experience, there is no difference in 'slow flash' and 'fast flash' as far as safety goes. I treat them both the same. The biggest difference I have noted is that slow flash is a little easier to ignite.

• Like 1

I would avoid benzo-lift if planning to store the device for a lengthy period as it is quite hydroscopic .

Inside a shell it is good for 2 years at least, for lift not, but there is an easy work around use pottasium benzoate not sodium.

Yes I do have some sodium benzoate on hand but I have always used potassium for benzolift. I have used it to break 2&3 inch shells and it has not absorbed water. I am just trying to decide on a booster for rice hulls in a 5 inch.