APC Forum

Metallic Fueled Colored Stars - Some Questions

LiamPyro

Oh, ok - No, I've never tried ISO by itself and going by your experience and my own, it doesn't sound like a good idea with Paulownia.

[EDIT]

Actually, what I meant is the isopropyl by itself. 70%? 90%? 99%? etc.

Are you referring to the "purity" of the ISO. If so, it 100% Isopropanol. <shrug>

Edited by stix

Im using 2-propanol, whatever that is, and im with schroedinger. Even when using bp, the comp will absorb moisture way more easily. Pure water must be worked into it. The more charcoal the bigger the effect I guess, havent bothered trying.

Another opinion to add is to use whatever works for you. Like you say, why the different opinions? Try it and see what does it for you, and stick with that as long as it works.

My experience, regardsless of what people say, is that the alcohol-water-mixture works best. I add just enough for the dextrin to properly activate, no more. My stars are allways dry in a maximun of 48 hours, except those pumped with high pressure. Some people would recommend to double that amount of hours. Im glad i dont need to.

Oh, ok - No, I've never tried ISO by itself and going by your experience and my own, it doesn't sound like a good idea with Paulownia.

[EDIT]

Are you referring to the "purity" of the ISO. If so, it 100% Isopropanol. <shrug>

My bad...I see in post #3 your using 70% concentration isopropyl.

• 3 weeks later...