APC Forum

Music whilst doing pyro activities

stix

When things are relaxed and you can take your time, do you listen to music? or what other relaxing activities do you do?

Rolling a few cardboard tubes listening to The Doors, LA Women and punching some discs listening to TOTO may seem absurd to some, but nevertheless these are some safer pyro activities that can be enjoyed.

Please explain.

Cheers.

I almost always listen to music, while making pyro.

When I am mixing/screening, I prefer some relaxing radio, preferrable something humorous to keep me entertained.

When I am assembling , spiking, pasting, or just filling tubes/shells, I prefer some music with a little more beat to it.

In these times, Epic Rap Battles and Albatraoz gets to massage to my ears :)

"Epic Rap Battles and Albatraoz".... ?.... I have no idea who they are, but all to their own.

I love music, but prefer not to listen to it when making "serious compositions". It's good to know that others look at things from an alternate view.

"Epic Rap Battles and Albatraoz".... ?.... I have no idea who they are, but all to their own.

I love music, but prefer not to listen to it when making "serious compositions". It's good to know that others look at things from an alternate view.

Epic Rap Battles of History - I find them very entertaining :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yis7GzlXNM

Edited by Ubehage

I often will cut discs, roll bottom shot cores, and cut paper for rocket headers indoors while listening to music or watching TV. I have a collection of indie rock and classic rock on vinyl which gets my first pick. Otherwise I just stream a station through my Amazon Prime subscription which is kind of like Spotify. I do not listen to music or have electronics near while working with any comps.

Epic Rap Battles of History - I find them very entertaining :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yis7GzlXNM

Gotta love ERB, I don't usually listen to music when I am making pyro because I dont have a loud speaker, but I would probably listen to trap music or some other form of EDM

When doing pyro, I usually loved to listen to the sounds of the nature itself. I respond very emotionally to music, so I prefer not to listen to it while doing any potentially hazardous activities. Good music keeps me very unfocused and it's not safe for me at all to listen to it while making fireworks. The same goes for any artificial sounds, speeches and presence of other people. I'm very sensitive to backgrounds, I get easily distrait sometimes.

Edited by 50AE
  • Like 2

I listen to music almost every second that I am awake. I have the new sony walkman self-contained earbuds.. no cords, awesome sound. They are on whether I am mowing, running the sawmill, riding the atv, or doing pyro! :) 80's hairbands, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Poison, Gotthard, Queen, Satriani, Kix, the list goes on!

When things are relaxed and you can take your time, do you listen to music? or what other relaxing activities do you do?

Rolling a few cardboard tubes listening to The Doors, LA Women and punching some discs listening to TOTO may seem absurd to some, but nevertheless these are some safer pyro activities that can be enjoyed.

Please explain.

Cheers.

For me, it's very interesting to get an overview of "personality types" that are into pyrotechnics and rocketry etc. Sociology has always interested me although it's not my vocation. It seems like there's a quite a few "heavy music" type people, but also mixed with other more gentile types, and those that have a great sense humour, etc... pretty much a spread of society.

So, then another question has to be asked - "What areas of employment, now or past, do people come from?" I can hardly imagine a person who is employed as an Accountant or Financial adviser saying "Yep, on the weekend I shot a few 4" shells that I made, just cut a few stars and waiting for them to dry", but I would love to hear that.

Quoting myself, when I said "relaxed" I guess i also meant having a few beers or red wines or whatever. When I said I was listening to TOTO, I was obviously a bit too relaxed :P

Cheers.

Forgot to mention that my "paying job" is as a graphic designer for a small printing company. I've always enjoyed Science and Art.

Haha Roger you just brought back some memories. I haven't listened to Dethklok in a loong time. "swords, Check, saws, Check, hatred, Check..."

Nowadays I prefer more alternative music, but that varies with my mood. I usually have a shuffle of a few Pandora stations ranging from Glass Animals, Tame Impala, alt-J, The XX, to sometimes Earl Sweatshirt, or Childish Gambino.

WB

Roger, I had the pleasure of meeting both Brendan Small, and Joe Satriani.

I practically always listen to music rather doing pyro, or anything else. I've got a pretty eclectic taste, and like everything from Paganini to Peter Frampton, to Necrophagist. Lately I've been listening to quite a bit of Rodrigo y Gabriella, and of course Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment is always high on my list. As a music nerd, I could ramble on this subject for days, but I'll spare everyone my rant, and just say I LOVE MUSIC!!!

I usually listen to MPR and Air1, I love all music so whatever is played is fine with me BUT I don't confuse music with lyrics and I do censor the lyrics heavily.

Dub to Dvořák to Dance, it's all good with me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bob Marley is fine with me, anything "layback" is always good for pyro IMO. I love the Eagles "Taking it Easy" puts me in the right frame of mind.

Each to their own.

What I really enjoy is trying to understand the mindset of the people who make pyrotechnics - and why.