APC Forum

Where can I buy Chinese time fuse in EU

Stef727

Where can I buy this tipe of time delay fuse? http://www.skylighter.com/images/web_pictures/gn2000.jpg

I live in EU so I cant buy from online shops like skylighter...

I searched on Ebay and amazon but didnt find anything.

Any suggestion where I could buy it?

Edited by Stef727

There is a section for stores, and thats where i'd suggest sharing user opinions... Makes it a LOT easier to find when the next guy tries to figure out if a source is reputable or not.

On the topic of the fuse... I got that exact fuse, from said supplier, and it seams they manufacture it in large spools, which then gets cut down to size. If a section isn't long enough to make a full roll, they simply tape two sections together. It's the first time i've ever seen that. The roll had a couple of bonus feet of fuse, so i cant complain to much. But i would much rather have had a continues roll delivered, for consistency's sake. To be fair the burn time between the two bits were similar enough that the difference is less then the human factor, but... I dunno. It's perhaps common practice, i just never had it delivered that way before.

B!

This fuse is manufactured in China, and distributed all over the world. They produce it on large spools and pack them in smaller portions for easy shipping. (and hide it so they can ship 1.4) The manufacturer has to stop production once in a while when the paper roll is empty or the threads are empty. It is actually a crude machine, a large version of our homemade visco machines, with an extra tar-adding device and a thin paper wrapper. So, it doesn't come as clean as you want it... some pieces are taped together. In the end it doesn't matter because this fuse is produced only for time-fusing shells. You''ll cut it in short pieces anyways. That's why the manufacturer sells it the way it is.

I once bought reels of 100m twin flex (which obviously came from China) these were in several pieces too. I though it was strange that there was no continuity from one end to the other.

So, it doesn't come as clean as you want it... some pieces are taped together. In the end it doesn't matter because this fuse is produced only for time-fusing shells. You''ll cut it in short pieces anyways.

It's not the "cleanness" that bothered me. It's the fact that it's different batches fuse. Generally speaking i take a sample from each end of the spool, time it, and i "know" what the fuse is good for. Here i had to sample it in both ends, twice, just as if it was 2 rolls. Again, not a huge deal, there was more then enough "extra" on the roll to cover the waste, but it was just not something i've ever experienced before.

B!

Thanks for telling me about this shop! Its amazing!
Everything is super cheap, so im soon going to buy a ton of chemicals, that I didn't had access before, like titanium or pine charcoal etc.
Edit:
I'm making a list of what I will order
250g Boric acid
1000g Charcoal pine
250g Titanium sponge Any recomendations what mesh is the best?
500g Sodium nitrate-NaNO3 This 2 are for Sunrise Yellow stars.
250g Magnalium 45µm/325mesh

Are there any other chemicals that I should buy? I mean the types of chemicals, that can be used in a ton of different effects. (like Aluminum which I already have)

Edited by Stef727

Thanks for telling me about this shop! Its amazing!

Everything is super cheap, so im soon going to buy a ton of chemicals, that I didn't had access before, like titanium or pine charcoal etc.

Edit:

I'm making a list of what I will oder

250g Boric acid

1000g Charcoal pine

250g

Titanium sponge Any recomendations what mesh is the best?

Are there any other chemicals that I should buy? I mean the types of chemicals, that can be used in a ton of different effects. (like Aluminum which I already have)

You will be bestboff if you take their triple titanium set. If only one take a kg of the medium grade for all purpose or the coarse if you want long tails.

But all those quantities you listed will be used up very fast.

Edited by schroedinger

Edit:
I'm making a list of what I will order
250g Boric acid
1000g Charcoal pine
250g Titanium sponge Any recomendations what mesh is the best?

I prefer the 225-450 mic. titan, but i agree with schroedinger, if you can afford, buy a titan set! But in sunrise yellow don't must use fine particle MgAl! Pirotex use 80mesh, maybe...

...and again agree with schroedinger, this quantity is too small, not worth small quantities to order! kg not g!

Edited by nt8

I prefer the 225-450 mic. titan, but i agree with schroedinger, if you can afford, buy a titan set! But in sunrise yellow don't must use fine particle MgAl! Pirotex use 80mesh, maybe...

...and again agree with schroedinger, this quantity is too small, not worth small quantities to order! kg not g!

I am 17 so I can't really afford too much for now, but I will order the 4 titanium in 1 kg for sure!

You will be bestboff if you take their triple titanium set. If only one take a kg of the medium grade for all purpose or the coarse if you want long tails.

But all those quantities you listed will be used up very fast.

When you say ''will be used up very fast'' do you mean the charcoal or the sunrise comp? Btw this charcoal is only for stars, I already have some willow for BP

Edited by Stef727

I am 17 so I can't really afford too much for now, but I will order the 4 titanium in 1 kg for sure!

When you say ''will be used up very fast'' do you mean the charcoal or the sunrise comp? Btw this charcoal is only for stars, I already have some willow for BP

He means, that you will soon discover, that once you get going, your chemicals will be used much faster than you think.

If you can afford it, ALWAYS buy kg. Never g. Because the "price per kg" will be higher, and you have to order again soon.