Important Announcement!

Guest or regular Member, and can't post? You need to read the FAQ to see how:
http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/2209-faq/
Thank you!

Photo
- - - - -

How to make colored firework stars, then make a ball shell or a cylinder shell with stars we made

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Raggytosh97

Raggytosh97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a tutorial of how to many any color stars just any colored stars does not matter what color with a good demonstration on how to make them, i have been looking over youtube and on the internet i just could not find a tutorial. Also the next thing will be how to make the ball shell or a cylinder shell with stars we made. i am a newbie in this so i really need help.

I would probably be wanting to make a 3' to 6" shell.

All i need is someone to give me a tutorial in

*making coloured firework stars

also

* then making a ball shell or a cylinder shell with the coloured firework stars that we made.

if anyone can get back to me ASAP that would be great!!

Thanks

#2 ivars21

ivars21

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

http://www.skylighte...ubber-Stars.asp

Did you really google for it?

#3 Raggytosh97

Raggytosh97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

thanks, but still dont understand

Edited by Raggytosh97, 27 November 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#4 spitfire

spitfire

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:everything that goes against the grain

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

No offence, but i don't think you will be spoon-fed here... Knowledge doesn't come with a how too manual. Search, read, filter junk, collect, and succeed. There is no easy, fast and cheap way when making fireworks.
Churchill, you're drunk.... Yes, Mary, and you are ugly. But i'm sober tomorrow.

#5 dagabu

dagabu

Grandmaster

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Rolled stars, not my video, very basic:

#6 Col

Col

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Its cheaper to cut your pyro teeth with charcoal stars, coloured stars are more expensive ;) If you need to know how to make a shell, its probably better to start with something a bit smaller than a 3" - 6"

#7 AirCowPeacock

AirCowPeacock

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I would probably be wanting to make a 3' to 6" shell.

I especially advise against making a 3 foot shell for a first try. ;)
  • dan999ification, kilnj69 and chemtech89 like this

#8 chemtech89

chemtech89

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Reaction Motors

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

As ivars21 suggested, skylighter is a great resource for those interested in creating fireworks. I would highly suggest searching around on the link that ivars21 shared. Their under "Project Plans", has many great articles that covers a wide variety of different firework categories and how to begin constructing them. I suggest you getting very familiar with that website it you want to start putting shells in the air. Good luck and use at least one dummy shell before shooting something with powder!!! :unsure:
75:15:10

#9 dan999ification

dan999ification

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:fishing, bbq, foraging, riding 2 strokes, body building
    FIREWORKS

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

displayfireworks1 ( youtube ) has a wealth of knowledge, i learned a lot there, some of the experienced members here have made tutorials on ball shells and cans.

For ball shells i recomend rolling stars, this wont be easy first time.
For cans i would use cut stars which makes life easier.
I agree with col about cutting the teeth, i made nothing but charcoal stars for two years until i mastered ( sort of ) the tecniques needed, before it gets wasteful or dangerous jumping in the deep'end, and then i recomend the veline system, cheap, easy versatile, no point having the best blue stars if you cant do them justice with your building skills.

Making charcoal, bp, burst, qm, will keep you busy for a while, familiarise yourself with the materials and their properties before you go to build a shell.

If you take a look in member tutorials you will find what you want to know.

Dan.

Edited by dan999ification, 27 November 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#10 psyco_1322

psyco_1322

Firebreather

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

What seems to be the big hurry to make fireworks?
Some people think I'm sane, but they're crazy too.

#11 swapnilsutar1988

swapnilsutar1988

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Playing with fire,Pyrotechnics.
    Learning new pyro related stuffs, Chemistry, Aerial shell.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

you'd better make list of chemicals accssible to you then study about their properties and imcompatiblities then an only start with smaller shell,avoide chlorate based composition unless you are familier with it.

good luck..

you'd better make list of chemicals accssible to you then study about their properties and imcompatiblities then an only start with smaller shell,avoide chlorate based composition unless you are familier with it.

good luck..

good luck..

Edited by Mumbles, 27 November 2012 - 09:32 AM.
We don't support literature piracy here.

Do good to everyone without expecting much as an old proverb says-''Some fragrance will always remain in the hands of those who distributes roses''

#12 Raggytosh97

Raggytosh97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yeah thanks guys for all that info, as spitfire i need to get the info by my self. Thanks anyway

#13 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,400 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

We're definitely here to help, and welcome people into the hobby. There is some requisite amount of work needed to be done by the individual though. I'd suggest taking things step by step. The first step is nearly always to get yourself setup with a quality BP source, whether making it or purchasing it. This will be the basis by which nearly all pyrotechnics is based on in one way or another. Making it is cheaper, and more rewarding in my opinion. If you can make good BP, you can easily make good charcoal streamers and glitters (with a few more chems). From there, you're well on your way.
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/apcforum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#14 Raggytosh97

Raggytosh97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Mumbles please can you add me on skype if you can add me then we can have a skype conference that would be excellent. My skype name is Raggy.Mughal

Thanks

#15 psyco_1322

psyco_1322

Firebreather

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

What seems to be the big hurry to make fireworks?

My question still stands.

There is plenty help here if you apply yourself to it.
Some people think I'm sane, but they're crazy too.

#16 Raggytosh97

Raggytosh97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Well i have always wanted to make fireworks, also i have my sons birthday party coming up i want to make a small display

#17 Raggytosh97

Raggytosh97

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

do you think i will ever be able to make the shells then.

Edited by Raggytosh97, 27 November 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#18 nater

nater

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Interests:Good coffee, mountain biking, snow skiing, and pyro.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

No.

edit: sorry, I read that as "in time for the party". Yes, you can learn to make shells but it will take time. The best way is to join a local club and learn from them. Begging to be spoon fed, will not get you help.

Edited by nater, 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM.

Proud member of HPA

"We show women love on Valentines Day, and they let us blow stuff up on the Fourth of July." - Homer Simpson

#19 cogbarry

cogbarry

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

http://www.skylighte...-shell-kit.html

That's where I started. You can have shells built the day you get the kit. Be careful, make sure you stabilize your mortars so they don't fall and fire your shells in an unsafe direction, and DON'T put any body parts over the mortar. Also be careful not to keep your can of black powder any where near the area you are shooting. You may want to buy HDPE mortars and build yourself some nice stable racks. Here's a good resource for that.... http://www.pyrodirect.com/ Once you have an idea how everything works, you can start making your own stars. It's lot's of work and you can spend lots of money. .....and if you're not careful you can get in lots of trouble or worse, hurt someone. Take baby steps.

#20 Col

Col

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

You could make a decent small display with fountains and few saxons easily enough. If you have time constraints you`ll struggle to master the various techniques involved with making and lifting a shell. Do you have a ball mill?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users