APC Forum

My thumb was blown off half a section.

benrenyi4

I can't believe the pure and pathetic drivel that this thread has produced. For a start, we could at least take the view that it "did happen" as per the OP posted.

Even if the whole thing is a "fantasy" as some may suggest, then lets not be so forthright in our views, but take a more calm and considered approach.

Imagine how benreny14 must feel reading all this pointless shit if it indeed DID happen. I've got a few blown off thumb pictures that I've manufactured and been keeping for my own personal use - just waiting for the right time to post them.

Tut tut. Go to bed without any supper!!

Stix,

I've been in this trade a LONG time, and I've seen the aftermath of such accidents. One happened during my tenure as GM of a major pyro manufacturer/display company.

His 'facts' and his pictures don't even come close to matching up to the physical realities. I rode 'rescue' with a fire department for several years, too, and we saw several sorts of minor and major injuries from dynamite misuse, back in the early 1970s (before it became illegal for 'ordinary citizens' to buy it in the local hardware store!).

Asaster,

Why would one "lock" a discussion that is attempting to extract the truth from a claim that - on both its surface AND its details - seems to bear no merit? We're all in this to learn (yeah, me too, after over 50 years of making fireworks). I don't WANT misinformation to be spread that might damage the hobby or the industry. All the worse that the information seems to have been offered ONLY for sensationalism, with no basis in fact.

Lloyd

• Like 1

And it continues, thank you. It must have been a long time since high school for some of us but watch some reality TV for a gossip buzz.

There is no one trying to get to any conclusion here, just bs. Posters don't even realize that the OP changed his name and now argues a different point. Others don't even bother to see what the topic is or how it's evolved into pure, for lack of better term, crap. Stop propigating buy arguing a point ONLINE where anyone can make any claim. It's ok if you dont agree, say so and move on. If it's a real idiot draw like this one it should be locked/deleted immediately. Or.... Start a post with a relevant topic and stay to it.

The Unknown Soldier

So, instead of condemning the folks who are trying to extract some truth, why did you not point out those 'defects' in the argument earlier?

It seems that your only point is to prove your superiority in this, without contributing to the group's knowledge.

Why not point out what the OP did, what his new moniker is, and how you know this? And why not point out why and how you know it's a bunko argument?

And why not do those things FOR the group, instead of ATTACKING the members here who are trying for some facts?

Mmmmm?

We're not all Internet Geniuses like you are. If you wish to make this a better place, then give us the information you have, instead of attacking us for not having it!

Lloyd

Lloyd, I apologize to you if it seemed as if I was attacking you personally.

I usually just read and not respond because what I think and what I type differ slightly. That being said I still think this thread is silly and was really over on first page or so. To drag things on and on and... Like a bad marriage or something. I read forums to learn, even about safety, and avoid drama.

As to this thread I'm done looking at it and didn't even want this post to bump it up.

The Unknown Soldier

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Whether it's real or fake it still results in a positive in the fact that it's made us all take the time to think & talk through safety issues. A winner to me

• 3 weeks later...

blend KClO4 and S Sudden explosion

You mean to tell me that you used a chlorate and sulfur? I was told that chlorates and sulfur / sulfides is a big no no since its so sensitive. What did you try to make that needed that combination?