27 replies to this topic

#21 FlaMtnBkr

FlaMtnBkr

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

No one mentioned dry ice and water salutes? Maybe it can be dry ice that is packed around the dormant energy lobe of a slain infant prigoptera which will provide the near infinite power needed for deep space travel.
  • AzoMittle likes this

#22 Bobosan

Bobosan

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Interests:pyrotechnics, electronics, collectable firearms, women....but not necessarily in that order!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

No one mentioned dry ice and water salutes? Maybe it can be dry ice that is packed around the dormant energy lobe of a slain infant prigoptera which will provide the near infinite power needed for deep space travel.

I like it!!!

#23 AzoMittle

AzoMittle

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Bicycling, Algorithms/Data Structures, & Food

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Now we're thinking like Hollywood!

Congratulations, Google returned 0 results for "prigoptera" however there is apperantly such a a thing as a "Trichoptera" also known as the Caddisfly.

Terminat hora diem; Terminat author opus.
The hour ends the day; The author ends his work.

Oh lente lente noctis equi!
Slowly, slowly run oh horses of the night!

Perfection does not exist, but that does not mean you cannot work constantly to attain it.

The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day. . . . The only thing that's capital-T True is that you get to decide how you're going to try to see it. You get to consciously decide what has meaning and what doesn't. . . . The trick is keeping the truth up-front in daily consciousness. -David Foster Wallace

#24 rogeryermaw

rogeryermaw

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:Herping the durr

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

If there is a hardware store nearby, quick n dirty black powder and some pipe parts don't take long to scrounge up. Even the most sloppily made b.p. can make a bang if it is well confined. They have primers and smokeless powder at Walmart fer cryin' out loud! The possibilities are as wide as the imagination you need to write a compelling story.

#25 MrB

MrB

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

I would look into the acetylene/air (NOT OXYGEN!!!!!) cannons.

The same principle should work with most flammable gases. I think they use propane in those "bird scaring gas cannons" they use around some landfills.

B!

#26 rogeryermaw

rogeryermaw

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:13 PM

or here ya go: they ran into the music store across the street, turned a couple of marshall stacks toward the offending building and plugged a smartphone into the input. visit one of limitless moronic pages on you tube where some kid blows up some tatp and there you have it. a loud bang with no chemicals or unbelievable or unobtainable technology.

• BurritoBandito likes this

#27 BurritoBandito

BurritoBandito

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Location:I exist at all points of space and time simultaneously, with varying degrees of probability.
  • Interests:Music, science, physics, documentaries, and my family.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Rogeryermaw, I like the way you think! I'd personally go with a Mesaboogie though.
  • rogeryermaw likes this
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

#28 rogeryermaw

rogeryermaw

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

Rogeryermaw, I like the way you think! I'd personally go with a Mesaboogie though.

Or Cerwin Vega for that concrete shaking bass thump?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pyrotechnics, author, writer, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users