APC Forum

PyroGuide Forum Not Working?

bob

Hi guys,

I have been getting a "404 file not found error" when I try to go to pyroguide forum, anyone experiencing the same problem?

bob

I thought it went down in 2013...

Nah. The forum has been up more or less constantly until a week ago or so. I suspect that it will come back up, when whatever glitch is resolved.

B!

Good to know! Somebody did a whole site grab in 2013 after it was thought it was going down for good. Never been back since.

I wish that site wasn't dead. It was a fantastic resource. I wouldn't have made it in the his hobby if it weren't for Pyro guide believe it or not

Pyroguide and Skylighter were the entry level pyro for a lot of us. We now have at least three sites that publish safe comps and valid advice where there was a huge amount of rubbish on Pyroguide.

Good to know! Somebody did a whole site grab in 2013 after it was thought it was going down for good. Never been back since.

The wiki never made it back online as far as i know. A shame really, it was a pretty good starting-point for most info. Everything had to be cross referenced, to say the least, but at least it gave you a good point as to where to start, you could go anywhere from there.

Pyroguide and Skylighter were the entry level pyro for a lot of us. We now have at least three sites that publish safe comps and valid advice where there was a huge amount of rubbish on Pyroguide.

Skylighter i never used as a source for information in it's own right. Mostly coz i never figured out how to navigate it effectively. Now, on to a different topic... What three sites would that be?

B!

Passfire.com, Fireworking.com and APC. There are many others and some across the pond that are good as well but do not pertain to the USA.

I believe that the site was turned off due to the domain not being paid etc. As far as I know there is a back up ( not sure about the forum . ) to the pyroguide ) one that has been cleaned up,and B.S> removed. Crossout my buddy on the site is the techy one. I merly Just moderate and hope to keep the youngsters from loosing fingers. Sad as it is , there was a major loss of traffic and the site suffered after the 1st down in 2013. I dont know what can be done at this point .Might have to just shift those folks over the the dark side (APC) :ph34r:

You may also want to consider the loss to the European community as well it’s not all about America that site was a winner across Europe Jig I know the forum hosting Guys it could be possible to get it back.