APC Forum

Red bowtie with silver ring video

Sparx88

One of the shells shot over the weekend for sisters birthday. I got pointers from one of viking pyro's videos on how to build a bowtie with ring. First video is the build second is the shell in action. Hope yall like it, I know I did :)

Edited by Sparx88

Very Nice !! I like the red color. VP sure helps a lot of us, I like to pick out one of his builds and do a "copy cat" version. Great build video !! I think that I may have to try and copy yours soon. :)

Matt

Thank you for the compliment :)

There was one pic that I wanted to have in the build video, it was the one where before you join the hemi's, you fill both up to the rim with burst after placing the ring stars. And then a little vit F booster. I used 3 grams booster in all 1 gram over the red stars on each half, then 1 gram sprinkled at the center once the hemis were filled.

The star comps are Ruby Red w/12% extra coarse aluminum flake, and the silver is shimizu silver wave B, with 10% sulfur added and 50-50 coarse aluminum flake and eckart dark super. Used 8% dextrin to bind. Then for prime I used the same shimizu silver wave B used for the silver stars on both and finished with course hot bp grains. Seems to work out ok so far.

Ruby Red, I need to try that , I think I have some 12 or 18 mesh al flake, I used for fire fly. I'll check out what's needed for the silver wave !