APC Forum

starting to sell charcoal , possibly ?

pyroman2498

Hey guys , I was wondering if you guys would be interested in me selling charcoal , it will be made via TLUD and I'll be selling pine and red ceadar.

I'm doing this so I can go to next year's PGI and so I can pay my member ship fee's for MAPAG ,.

I'll be selling it from anywhere between 4.50$/lb - 5$/lb maybe lower but I don't think it will be higher.

I was also debate screening it so you don't get Un burned spots if there happens to somehow be some

I would like feed back before I go and make a bigger cooker and a bunch of supplies.

Thanks

Stay safe and Stay green

~Steven

P.S. , I don't know shipping prices but I'll let you know when I can figure them out .

Edited by pyroman2498

While you are looking into this can you see about air v- ground shipping? As a resident of Alaska I can buy all the airfloat I want - but it can not be shipped to me via ground because of geography, and can not be shipped to me via air becuase of fire risk.

But I do have a ball mill. What screen size can be shipped via air really? I can't seem to get a consistent answer from anyone.

Thanks, good luck to you.

Looks like US Postal Service ground shipment is the only option for charcoal, no matter what mesh size. Might want to look into UPS shipping regs.

I did some quick Google searches and I find most people who ship charcoal ship it in ups , I can't find specific information but I'll just ship it ups because I'm 2 minutes away from a ups company and I'll give them a call and Double check to make sure :)

I'd be interested in good pine charcoal. Probably wouldn't buy much yet though as I'm still very new to this hobby. Still in the research stage. But if it was made available I'd buy a few pounds.

While you are looking into this can you see about air v- ground shipping? As a resident of Alaska I can buy all the airfloat I want - but it can not be shipped to me via ground because of geography, and can not be shipped to me via air becuase of fire risk.

But I do have a ball mill. What screen size can be shipped via air really? I can't seem to get a consistent answer from anyone.

Thanks, good luck to you.

PM me and I can help you out :)

Maybe to be safe ship it in lumps rather than powder. It would be about as flammable as the box you're shipping it in.

Safer yes. The shipping companies don't always make a distinction though.

Maybe to be safe ship it in lumps rather than powder. It would be about as flammable as the box you're shipping it in.

Well the charcoal won't be powder but won't be lumps as the stuff I'm making it out of isn't lumpy it like dust and chips sorta thing .. I've had no problems with it :)

If you can ball mill it and sell it, I'd buy plenty from you.

I'll use the clubs mill as we have a 6 drum mill that holds about a pound a piece and I'll definitely be happy to mill it for you :)

Stay Safe and Stay Green

~Steven