APC Forum

Can this fuse be bought?

Sparx88

I was thinking it was 1.5 mm but it's a bit smaller at 1.32 mm. I would like to find this size in a 100 ft roll or 2. I have never bought the 1.5mm from cannonfuse so I don't know if that's comparable. I would like it to be smaller than 1.5 like this fuse here. It's waterproof (mostly) too. I'm gonna get back into building roman candles and they need the small stuff and a couple feet per stick avg.

post-18732-0-12071800-1406702156_thumb.jpg

well I know that :) what I mean is, does a 1mm fuse exsist, or something smaller than 1.5mm. I'm not having much luck on that, but was thinking maybe it's something more -in house- or available to commercial only, I hope not. Pyrocreations used to sell 1/16" a few years back I was reading but that's still 1.5 mm'ish. I guess it may be asking to much to go that small, the rig you would need to produce a 1mm visco would be a work of art in itself. Maybe a silk threaded 1mm nc coated slow flash filled visco style fuse would be neat.

Edited by Sparx88

1.5mm is about as thin as I've ever seen for sale or seen on commercial items. Cannonfuse, Pyrodirect, Skylighter, etc. all sell it. It's only a couple of bucks, so probably worth trying out.

Pyrocreations has this 1.5mm fuse. I think they did have a 1.3mm at one time but don't see it now.

• 5 years later...

Hi, this post has not been touched in a long while, but wanted to chime in to anyone interested. I was once available (I was and am also looking for it as its great for bottle rockets). I still have a pack of it (i'm thinking 50 feet or so) which i picket up at skylighter years ago. So yes, it was available, sold as cross match, but not have i seen it since unfortunately... perhaps too little of sales...

Mikengermany the smallest I've seen it lately is 2mm and that was at cannon fuse and pyrocreations. I was looking for it as well with no luck

Bigmark, perhaps give Skylighter a call. I know that's where I got it, but would really have to dig to see if i have a record of when i bought it from him. Likely 5 years ago at a minimum. And it is thin... Skylighter carried it as "Crossmatch". I would compare it to the fuse used in the mass produced Bottle Rockets. But this runs into what I've also noticed - effect fuses (Colored, crackle, strobe, etc) seems to also be lacking in variety compared to several years back in longs lengths. Not sure why. I live in Germany now (Army guy that still hasn't found my way back except for vacation to the family) so not really doing the hobby much anymore except small and easy projects on vacation but not up to date on the yearly changes in demand....

• 2 weeks later...

I have to save cracker leaders to fuse my little ⅜" hummers. I tried Skylighter two years ago, they said they haven't had any for several years. No joy anywhere else for me either.

post-21812-0-25519500-1581298008_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed a large order with Cannonfuse.com . The smallest-diameter fuse they've been carrying for over a year is 2-mm (approx 1/16", they say) "Small Cannon Fuse", and only in 20-foot lengths for $4.99 (went up a buck this year). I've used it for other applications, but it might not be as small as what you're ideally looking for. At least in my neighborhood in the US, you can buy the same fuse at the same price at consumer fireworks stores, but without shipping costs...

If you're able to locate thinner fuse, preferably in longer rolls, please let us know.

small_cannon_fuse_1261_general.jpg