APC Forum

Is it legal to make fireworks in Minnesota (I know aerial and exploding are illegal) but are the other stuff legal

gun410

I'm going to *POLITELY* ask you to google the Minnesota state firemarshall section of the Minnesota department of public safety and find out for yourself. Just to give you a hint all the items you mentioned wanting to make are illegal.

Okay, here it is. You can only make fountains and sparklers. (and whatever non exploding novelty fireworks you want) you have already "broken" the law by shooting a star/s in to the air via star gun or mine. You will not be able to build a shell of any kind. Plain and simple. Edited by Jordan

OH GREAT! He is from Minnesota too!

Gun, ask your dad or Uncle to email NLP (Northern Lighter Pyrotechnics, Inc. (NLP) HERE and join with you. The PGI convention this year is three hours from the Twin Cities in Mason City Iowa.

Yes, the laws in Minnesota are for safe and sane pyro only, NOTHING homemade at all can be made, stored or used without Minnesota AND ATF licenses. Even pulling the sticks off of rockets to use in a girendola is prohibited as are chinese lanterns, some pop-pops (yes kids, it's true) and anything that leaves the ground.

My son finished 4th in best small rocket at the age of 16 two years ago in LaPorte.

Making BP for pyro is not legal in Minnesota, you must be licensed. Join a club, stay legal, be safe.

Not to be rude (at least not intentionally) but you no longer have a real reason to be on the forums. Any type of homemade explosive device in MN is illegal. If you pursue more information this tells us that you are still trying to manufacture illegal explosives even though you understand that it is against the law. This isn't very approved of in the forums, I'm not telling you what to do ill leave the admins up to that but I, personally, do not promote the manufacture of illegal fireworks. Mumbles, sidewinder, I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. :ph34r:

I'd suggest that you look to employment and home on a large plot out in the country, in a state and county that is positive about DIY pyro.

Til then I'd suggest that you read printed books on the subject for one to five years, so that you are familiar with the chemistry and the construction of fireworks and the theory about how they work.

Above all learn to play piano! This teaches you to care for your hands and makes you think SAFETY before you make anything.

Author, piano is also excellent for rehabilitating hands which have been injured. Once my pins are removed you'd better believe I'll be returning to both keyboard and guitar. The thought of not being able to play again was a big concern for me when I first saw my hands.

The church I went to growing up had a pianist who was missing 2 fingers after an accident with a printing press. He still played well. Most people who have heard Phil Keaggy play will agree that he is one of the masters the guitar as well.

When asked by Letterman how it felt to be the greatest guitarist alive, Van Halen replied "I dunno, you'd have to ask Phil Keaggy." While she is no Jordan Rudess this girl didn't let missing ALL of the fingers on her right hand from playing piano.

I'll be back at it in a few months. It may take some effort, but a missing digit will not deprive me of my music.

I don't play guitars or piano but I build them for a living. Hands are important there too, and you have a lot of opportunities to lose them building guitars.

OH GREAT! He is from Minnesota too!

Gun, ask your dad or Uncle to email NLP (Northern Lighter Pyrotechnics, Inc. (NLP) HERE and join with you. The PGI convention this year is three hours from the Twin Cities in Mason City Iowa.

Yes, the laws in Minnesota are for safe and sane pyro only, NOTHING homemade at all can be made, stored or used without Minnesota AND ATF licenses. Even pulling the sticks off of rockets to use in a girendola is prohibited as are chinese lanterns, some pop-pops (yes kids, it's true) and anything that leaves the ground.

My son finished 4th in best small rocket at the age of 16 two years ago in LaPorte.

Making BP for pyro is not legal in Minnesota, you must be licensed. Join a club, stay legal, be safe.

Is this legal for my to do and is Ohio closest to me

Phil Keagy is pretty good. But extra points if the missing fingers are on your LEFT hand. (Django Reinhardt)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Django_Reinhardt_%28Gottlieb_07301%29.jpg/800px-Django_Reinhardt_%28Gottlieb_07301%29.jpg

Django Reinhardt was Tony Iommi's (Black Sabbath) inspiration to keep playing after he lost the tips of his middle and ring fingers from his fretting hand. My loss is on my picking hand. The fretting hand came out in pretty good shape. I did receive 2 kirschner wires in my left pinky, as well as some soft tissue damage. I'm sure you've seen the pics. After a bit of PT I don't expect to have too much problems with guitar. I am sure I'll suck for a while, but I'll get back to where I used to be. Piano, on the other hand (no pun intended) is going to be a bit harder. My hands aren't very large, and without that pinky I doubt I'll be able to stretch a full octave, but over time I'll learn to compensate. Edited by BurritoBandito