APC Forum

PPE

gun410

I used to not use PPE but thanks to the guys here I learned to be safe here are some things to help you be safe

#1 always have water close to you

#2 stay far away from propane tanks in you can't then don't do pyro or move them

#3 when you are star pumping, hammering, testing something ect. Wear LEATHER GLOVES

#4 when wetting comp BP air getting cems or anything else wear plastic gloves

#5 wear a dust masking when using chemicals

#6 if you don't feal safe look around and see if you are safe

#7 don't do pyro in your house you can get chem dust in furniture or rugs or you can burn the house down

Remember that PPE is the last protection issue. Before that come the knowledge and understanding of the process and the risks and hazards, and an understanding of the mitigation of the risks and hazards

After reducing the hazards and reducing the probability of those hazards, and reducing the severity of potential damage, after all that you can wisely chose PPE to suit the remaining hazard.

Note that a HiVis jacket isn't bullet proof -you have to suit the PPE to the hazard.

Water can be used as an oxidizer in metallic fires. So if a fire occurs, make sure you know what's burning. Throwing water on any fire (esp. electrical fires) can make it worse.

Throwing water on SOME fires can make it worse. Throwing water on MOST fires puts it out. Be careful not to spread the fire around. In general, avoid water for fires involving grease, flammable metals like magnesium and electricity. A dry chemical ABC extinguisher is good to have around.

Throwing water on SOME fires can make it worse. Throwing water on MOST fires puts it out. Be careful not to spread the fire around. In general, avoid water for fires involving grease, flammable metals like magnesium and electricity. A dry chemical ABC extinguisher is good to have around.

So if electricity is a flammable metal, how can I add that to some star comp? I'm ready to make some real electric streamers! :P

• Like 2