APC Forum

Towskister

First, is there no fed and state legal section? I did a brief search. I would like this to be my official request.

Second, the omnipotent "Orange Book" states if I will store less than 50 lbs of explosive compound then I would need no less than 70 feet barricaded or 140 feet un-barricaded from any inhabited dwelling or road, I don't think I even have the 70 feet minimum. Any ideas, or am I sunk.

Lastly, are there any pyros with a magazine in SW Florida? :)

Edited by Towskister

I know of the existence of FPAG, but do not know yet how to get a hold off anyone there. I did request to get into their secret community. That is a waiting game. Are there any other Florida / south Florida groups?

PGI didn't show any FL groups.

Edited by Towskister

Sorry, can't help you with that one, check out Fireworking.com, they have a butt load of FPAG members there. You need an invite and then be voted in to join. I don't know exclusive they are.

Contingency storage will be your best bet. If you are wanting to shoot commercial 1.3 and obtain your license, this shouldn't be too difficult. Many 1.3 distributers will offer contingency storage to their customers, although you will most likely only be able to store product you buy from them in their magazine. They have no obligation to store competitors product or homemade. Some clubs offer storage for their members and product that will be used at club events. I do not know if FPAG has such an arrangement.

Another possibility, would be to start shooting with a display company. As you build a good relationship with the company, they might be willing to write you a letter of contingency. Again, homemade product might be difficult to store in their magazines as well due to insurance. Commercial product is probably not an issue. Good luck.

• Like 1

Towski. You may need to check again. The orange book states when dealing with fireworks that you need a distance of 150 feet.

200 feet minimum between your build table and the magazine and from roads, inhabited buildings etc. Contingency is the best bet.

I in the UK don't have our legal spacing for store or factory, so I have to rent space that does comply with the regs. A good look round your home area may find a landowner prepared to rent you a space for a proper magazine or factory. Obviously there is a cost but staying legal is usually a help.

Maybe there is another pyro with a suitable plot where you could rend a bit or share the costs of getting and staying legal.

http://s28.postimg.org/zbwk6z44d/CLstor.jpg

Lets see how long this will stay up before someone figures it out. :P