APC Forum

PInk fuse w/pull thread

Blackthumb

Any one know where I can buy the pink (fast) fuse with the pull thread along side for threading through cake tubes?

Not for aftermarket, no. For pulling the fast pink fuse, I like to use 1/8" braided nylon rope. Cut it clean with a razor blade, push the end back and slip it over the pink fuse (cut at an extreme angle and super glued at the end) as far as it will go. Use a drop of super glue to adhere it to the fuse, pull enough rope to do the job, lay it on something safe like a board and whet the last six inches with super glue, a sprinkle of water and let dry. Cut it off at an angle and the hard end becomes a 'needle' of sorts.

It the rope and fuse together are too big for the hole, cut them both at an angle and super glue them together, it will break easily so go carefully. I get my wife to spool out the fuse and I pull it through the items we want to light. We did an entire 2.5" shell front with the pink fuse and this method. The timing sucked but it got the job done with one e-match.