I am hoping to attend Do It this year however this would be my first pyro convention and I had a couple of questions. Thank you kindly!
1) I could not find the details of when it is, only where, has this information been posted yet?
2) I'm not a WPA member yet. Do I have enough time to still join and attend Do It?
2b) For membership application it says to either: have the recommendation of 2 current members, be a member of another pyro club, or write a letter explaining your interest in pyro.
I am just a beginner (I have been doing this for around 2 years now) who only does small KN based shells and rockets. I am not able to launch most of the year where I live due to severe fire hazards; I want to attend Do It for three reasons: 1) it is one of a handful, at best, of chances a year for me to shoot 2) I think it would be a great opportunity to meet people and learn some things and 3) it looks like a ton of fun. Would something along these lines be valid for the membership application?
3) Due to medical reasons I am unable to drive and would need a friend or family member to drive me there. I saw that Do It is strictly limited to WPA members however my friend is not a pyro and has no interest in joining. Would we be turned away or would he be restricted from launch sites or how would that work?
4) How much is built on-site vs. brought in nearly finished or finished? Do people really just show up with bags of chemicals, some paper, and glue and get to work? That's impressive. Are there any traditions or rules I should be aware of before attending?
5) If anyone here is from the San Francisco Bay area please send me a PM, I would love to grab a coffee sometime and discuss Do It and general pyro.
6) Who all is planning on attending this year?
EDIT: 7) And what do you plan on building/launching?
Thank you again,
Edited by AzoMittle, 27 June 2014 - 06:03 PM.