Here it is.Let me know what you think.

Edited by pyroMIKE
  • Like 1

Impressive! Double ring bonus :)

What bursting charge?

Nice!

• Like 1

I cant but my hand on it bt it seems like its missing somthing ...... ;) LOL

Great shell Man , i like it allot , its just missing the ender , The Big Bang.

Cant have Chaos unless you have a big bang to end it ! :P

Im just kidding, Anyways man Great shell , i hope to see more like this

Stay Safe and Stay Green

~Steven

Edited by pyroman2498

Yeah it took me 2 hours the next day to find the heavy last report.It didnt go.The reports were 5 gram inserts and the last shot that didnt go was a 91 gram german dark shot. The burst charge was Milled BP coated rice hulls no booster 7:1...I will have more coming soon! :) :)

Edited by pyroMIKE
  • Like 1

This was a ball shell. I used german dark FP for all the reports.Ill post the build pics a little later.

Edited by pyroMIKE

Its a shame the last heavy report didnt ignite.I crossmatched it as you can see in the pic.Any suggestions would be highly appreciated to get the next one to ignite..Im thinking about crossmatching it just like I did, and then mixing up some prime and priming the timefuse all around the crossmatch and the end of the fuse. What do you guys think?

Edited by pyroMIKE

Maybe the contents didnt light ?

If the time fuse wen, that is the only thing i can think of...

Maybe the contents didnt light ?

If the time fuse wen, that is the only thing i can think of...

The time fuse did not ignite. Its japanese time fuse and it is fresh recently bought..I put 1 layer of fiberglass enforced tape and 2 layers of paste on the shell( I actually thought it wouldn't break as hard as it did) thats why I only did a few layers..Im thinking it was a blow out..Maybe my meal coated rice hulls are too potent LOL. Im making a new one and I think I will try priming the crossmatch point and all around the time fuse.

Yeh I always prime both sides of the report fuse, both sides get NC BP slurry and nice big granules. I snake tongue the taking fire side and put in a few strands of the BM like you do prior to priming. Also with the cross matching I use 3 strands. Never had a failure.

I just read your last post and was going to say it is most likely fire taking side. :) you'll never have that happen again. Nice shell.

Nice work finding the report!

Also with your reports, how are you capping them? Looks like nice construction.

Edited by jessoman

It's because you went with a dark report. Next time just use regular flash!

Insert smilie here

Insert smilie here

The fuse blew out at the crossmatch.It never made it to the Comp.German dark is the best aluminum you can get..It has way deeper boom than other aluminum's..I Shot several of the german dark 2.5 inch salutes before I put it in the 6 inch as an insert.Didnt have any failures. Thats why I think it was a blow out. I primed all the other inserts except for that one.The 2.5 salutes I made were louder than 3 inch professional salutes and I have shot lidu sunsong and several other top brand pro salutes..I should have another vid up in a couple days of another one.

The fuse blew out at the crossmatch.It never made it to the Comp.German dark is the best aluminum you can get..It has way deeper boom than other aluminum's..I Shot several of the german dark 2.5 inch salutes before I put it in the 6 inch as an insert.Didnt have any failures. Thats why I think it was a blow out. I primed all the other inserts except for that one.The 2.5 salutes I made were louder than 3 inch professional salutes and I have shot lidu sunsong and several other top brand pro salutes..I should have another vid up in a couple days of another one.

I think the sound of a salute and it's being "best" is completely subjective. Two years ago when Dr. John brought his new Blue Al to PGI, I thought it was the best at bass over Indian and German dark but if you like it the best then carry on by all means! B)

Looking at the single strand of black match, I have to wonder if the fire core was just too small to transfer the passfire to the time fuse? I like to use a minimum of two strands. Thoughts?

Insert smilie here

Apparently they didn't get the joke

Building my next multi report shell..3 strands of match and primed the hell out of the last heavy report (2.5 inch 90 grams of FP)..Should take fire this time.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/mkillian_2008/photobucket-1882-1402611562595_zpsfe956248.jpg

• Like 1

Yea, when I saw that the time fuse wasn't primed, I assumed that was the reason why it didn't light. That's somewhat upsetting to see that happen, but now that you've primed the shit out of it, you should be good.

One thing I like to do is make sure the crossmatch is secured in place. I punch my fuse and I try to get at least 3 strands of match in there to make it tight so it doesn't slip out. Sometimes I'll even put a little dab of glue on the match and slide it in the punched fuse and twist it around to get the glue in between the crevices.

As Dag says, that's insurance! Can't even imagine getting hit by a failed shell. Good to wear a hard hat when firing!!

Good luck Mike.

Best

Edit: I am also very impressed by the neatness of the shell, very well put together.

Edited by LambentPyro

Thanks lambent..I try..LOL. I really try not to skimp on anything. Being that I have to make everything these shells take hours and hours to build..

I eager to see it now .,Build , build , build ;) :D

I just have one question..... how the hell did u get 90 grams of flash in a 2.5" Ball shell? Lol I made a 2.5" Salute with 35 grams and that was pretty full. Don't you need air space in the shell for a deeper boom??

I just have one question..... how the hell did u get 90 grams of flash in a 2.5" Ball shell? Lol I made a 2.5" Salute with 35 grams and that was pretty full. Don't you need air space in the shell for a deeper boom??

Why do you need a lot of air space? Some of the most robust of all the American reports are Dr. X made and I think they are all packed solid. Any others that know the good Doctor that could elaborate?