APC Forum

New Orange Star formula

Sparx88

This is a nice deep intense orange. I got it where I like it and maybe you will too. :) I'm gonna call it,

Orainge Krush #1

55 Potassium Perchlorate

15 Calcium Carbonate

15 Parlon

8 Sulfur

4 Firefly alum mix

3 Aluminum Eckart German Black 5413 H-Super

4 Dextrin

Edited by Sparx88
  • Like 1

What is this 'Eckart super'?

It's a dark aluminum. It's around three micron.

Thanks

Yes, thank you. Sorry- I meant to reply after I edited that :/ A very fine 400+ flake aluminum will do fine. The idea is to use a fine enough alum that will brighten and enlarge the main flame envelope without wasted energy on outer sparks. Thats where the Firefly aluminum comes in ;)

There are other ways to do this I'm sure, this is the way I do it. This ofcourse depends on the chems you have and know how to use. I like this mix, it is based off veline orange except the fuels and the amounts of are changed to what I have and use.

Edited by Sparx88

The C.Carbonate is calcium carbonate right?

Also i gues bound with 1:4 alcohol to water?

Did you try other binders?

The C.Carbonate is calcium carbonate right?

Also i gues bound with 1:4 alcohol to water?

Did you try other binders?

Ok, edited that too.

Yes Calcium Carbonate. I bound with plain water. And no, I only have and use dextrin for binder. It's what I'm used to. I suppose once ingredients get swapped out it becomes a different result. I would advise if you want to see it the way I see it, whatever that may be :P, you should make it by the recipe. Just screen mix the comp like normal and add water until like clay, press and cut, or pump, or star plate. I have not rolled these so I can't say how that would turn out. Hope that helps

Any videos?

That would be a happy day. Being disabled puts a crimp on some purchases. I have an Iphone 4S that I used constantly for filming stuff and good pics but I did a boo boo. A dumb boo boo. I was converting a kick butt 5.1 boom box that had an 8" subwoofer built in, to run my computer and iphone through. Just needed to isolate the inputs for the amps and like a dumb dumb I used the iphone with music playing and a modded headphone jack to probe the inputs. And well I probed the wrong two wires for the front left, they were the 110 volt leads that powered the amps. Phone went black and does'nt work. Cooked. When I get a spare 90 dollars I can have the guts swapped out.

So, to make a long story short, :D, no videos yet. I promise that as soon as I get that fixed or replaced I'll be filming everything.

Interesting, on the bright side not many can say they fried their phone with 110V! ;)

I was curious to see the star burning, to see how it compares to a magnalium orange like Veline's. I understand that you made the formula to work with your chems, since you must not have magnalium?

Nope no magnal. It's on the list though with ti, bismuth tri, sodium salicylate, red iron oxide, red gum, silicon and hexamine. Thats the plan anyway .