APC Forum

One year ago...

BurritoBandito

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary since Dag had his accident. It was probably a very stressful day for him. Please use this thread to drop him a line and let him know that we are here to help him through this rough patch in his life.

Thank you again to everyone who has donated to his fundraiser. You anonymous donors have been a tremendous help. To anyone else interested in making a donation or becoming part of the fundraising team, please visit his fundraiser and show your support.

Edited by BurritoBandito

"Yesterday marked the one year anniversary since Dag had his accident. It was probably a very stressful day for him. Please use this thread to drop him a line and let him know that we are here to help him through this rough patch in his life." -BB

Done (yesterday). But happy to add to the momentum here. Bless you, dagabu!

Ok, I just got home from work so I actually have a few minutes to type something out.

Firstly, thank you Hindsight for starting this thread off. You show time and time again what an excellent person you are. Your contributions have been most appreciated. Both in terms of the financial and emotional support you have offered. I have immense respect for you, and admire your humanity/humility.

Now on to the meat and potatoes of my post. Dag, I hope you are doing well. I know that this is probably a hard time for you right now, and I wanted to let you know that I feel for you brotha. I think when things seem to be at their worst is when you have to really analyze your life, and appreciate everything that you have. Personally, I am thankful for my wife and daughters. I know that your wife is an exceptionally kind person. Reading the posts she left on Caringbridge makes that evident. You are fortunate to have such a supportive family. I am one of many people who would consider you an intelligent person. You know your shit when it comes to rockets. You also have a charismatic personality and a good sense of humor, and your posts often leave me giggling. Thank you for sticking around APC.

The "Get well" phrase just doesn't cut it any more, your well on your way, but the truth is somethings will never heal, and other things will be a process over years to come. Yet, i don't really have anything else to offer. From Sweden, i wish you would just get well already.

We've seen the pictures. And your still around, so we know your love for pyro haven't faded. I've said it before, and i'll say it again. Your a great guy for being willing to share your experience, and your probably a lot stronger then i would have been, had the same thing happened to me. Stay strong, know that you still being here is important to all of us.

B!

Thanks BB! In all honesty, I have pyro friends here, in the PGI and IAP that are taking care of us so the issues are starting to be taken care of now. We are 16% of the way there as of today and if everybody will link the fundraiser to their Facebook page every couple of days and remind their friends that even a dollar will help, this thing would be kicked in the butt and we could focus on the long term rehab issues.

MrB, as a Swede myself, I appreciate your honesty but its not a matter of healing, all that can has and that is done. There is skin missing and incredible tightness that yes, I will have to deal with for life but that is OK, I am joyful and grateful, life is pretty darn good.

Build a rocket for me and get some video up already! LOL!

Dave