APC Forum

Rocket tool specs?

MWJ

Does anyone have the tooling measurements for the rocket tool jigs. I know a machinist who will make me a set of these jigs if I have the measurements

Thanks Guys

That's a great start, Thanks. Now I just need the measurements and I'll be set.I worked with a lot of HE in the Marines, but never made them so all of this stuff is very exciting to learn. I miss it sometimes.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great start, Thanks. Now I just need the measurements and I'll be set....

click on rocket type tab and select what type you want.

then put in tube ID you are using and fields will self populate and give you blue print and measurements.

print out and give to machinist. easy peezy

MWJ,

Some pyro's have used taper pins for spindles they are available in different tapers and lengths.

McMaster Carr and WWGrainger carry these if you want to look at them.

They are available in stainless steel plain and threaded base.

• 2 years later...

Sorry if I am out of touch and this has been resolved already in another thread, but I am unable to find a link to the rocket tooling sketcher that is not dead.

It was not very long ago, about two months, that I last used it. It is such a wonderful resource that Pudi generously and skilfully dedicated much effort to.

If it really is inactive, I understand that it was downloaded by some members. If it is not asking too much, I would greatly appreciate it if I could obtain it.

If the reason it is inactive is that Pudi has decided to no longer keep paying for the site to be active, as they have already poured a lot of resources in to it, I would gladly contribute what I can afford to contribute to keeping it online, and ideally even have Pudi able to make a few coins of his effort.

Edited by Seymour

Yeah, that's too bad. I just checked, and the hosting was cancelled.

That's the problem with Internet resources, you never know when they'll disappear forever.

I've begun working on getting it hosted here. Once I've figured out if it is a reality, I'll get in contact with Nic and make sure he's okay with it. I know very little about the inner workings of these sorts of things.

I was able to download a working copy that opens in Adobe Flash. I'm pretty sure I got it right from the original site. Don't want to overstep boundaries but if Mumbles gives the nod I could download it to the files section.

/m

Pretty sure i have the "standalone" exe somewhere to. It's probably the same at Otto has, it opens in Adobe Flash 10, or something.

It would be easy enough to throw it on OneDrive, and hand out a link if anyone wanted it. I don't see a problem with sharing it like that, since it was distributed freely to start with.

(On the other hand, i'd kill the link once i', told whoever got it, has actually downloaded the darn thing. Mostly not to get Microsoft upset, with continual downloads.)

B!

God forbid we upset Microsoft, the United States is handing over administration of the Internet to the United Nations this month

and it will be managed from China. You might want to archive many files found on the internet, they have a good chance of going

away if they are questionable in content for the rest of the world to view.

God forbid we upset Microsoft, the United States is handing over administration of the Internet to the United Nations this month

and it will be managed from China. You might want to archive many files found on the internet, they have a good chance of going

away if they are questionable in content for the rest of the world to view.

@Microsoft: Well, i'm not a paying user, not really, so it might be best if i don't provoke them.

@ US vs UN as administrators: I actually think that is somewhat of a good thing, and pretty much the whole world outside of USA have been trying to make this happen for the last, oh, 20 years or so. I honestly doubt it will bring any huge changes.

@ China: They have their own system to deal with "unwanted content" so they couldn't really care who is handling the top-domains, or not. Which is a whole different problem, and a freaking joke on human rights. I cant believe they still get away with that shit. And better yet, that more and more of the "civilized world" is talking about introducing similar systems to try and control what they think their own citizens should be allowed to watch.

B!

The entire U.S. infrastructure ties back into the internet in many ways and you want the U.N. clowns controlling our destiny.

Wow, you need to share some of those rose colored sun glasses that you are wearing.

Who controls the United Nations..........the internet will be reduced to the lowest common denominator.

We have Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube editing content at will, imagine an international group deciding what

is allowed on the internet, with an international group in control it will morph into the thought police.

Just this week they cancelled/took Michael Savage radio show off the air in the middle of a broadcast without informing him.

They also cancelled the Dr. Phil show because he was discussing possible health issues Hillary is showing signs of.

They are threatening the Matt Drudge independent news website with a lawsuit because he has web links to news articles

to article origins, claiming he is violating copyright law. Won't be long and they will be burning books in the streets.

It will be easier this time, people have very few books and rely on the internet and computers for information.

http://savvysleever.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/chicken-little.jpg

post-11643-0-03863500-1475361671_thumb.jpg

How long before they target sites like this with links to terrorist groups.

Edited by mikeee

I'm torn. Would I rather be classified as a terrorist or a douchebag?

How long before they target sites like this with links to terrorist groups.

We likely already are...... I;m sure BB is watching. For me it's about intention.

The entire U.S. infrastructure ties back into the internet in many ways and you want the U.N. clowns controlling our destiny.

You don't really think anyone else is less tied to the Internet? And, everyone else was always dependent on the benevolence of the US for their infrastructure to function due to this. Welcome to a leveled playing-field? It's not like there hasn't been enough time to prepare, and, quite frankly, if anything, USA should have learned from that huge power blackout, (2003) that infrastructure using the Internet is good, Infrastructure being dependent on the Internet as a single point of failure, just isn't ok.

Just this week they cancelled/took Michael Savage radio show off the air in the middle of a broadcast without informing him.

They also cancelled the Dr. Phil show because he was discussing possible health issues Hillary is showing signs of.

They are threatening the Matt Drudge independent news website with a lawsuit because he has web links to news articles

to article origins, claiming he is violating copyright law. Won't be long and they will be burning books in the streets.

It will be easier this time, people have very few books and rely on the internet and computers for information.

If anything it would seam like you should be pro-change, since the ongoing occurrences is entirely US governed. But as i said, i doubt much will change due to this change.

However, you are right to some extent that the powers are trying to direct your knowledge, and the thoughts your might have. But this is happening regardless of who controls top domains, and quite frankly, seams to be a lot more aggressive in the USA, then the rest of the "western world".

I fail to understand the significance of the images. Can anyone elaborate?

@Otto. BB is watching. In the USA BB has a employee doing the dirty-work, called NSA. Here in Sweden the employee is called FRA. The Swedish law clearly states that FRA is NOT allowed to eavesdrop on Swedish communication, inside the country. But their drops are installed in the mainlines of the Swedish backbone, so in reality, they access all the traffic. So what the law really means is that they have to eavesdrop, and then pretend like they didn't really hear it. Which means they "drop" traffic that doesn't meet certain filters, and pretend nothing happened. But, they can, and do, send unfiltered data forward to NSA. This is done as "testing" and "practice". So, NSA gets raw communications data, which they filter, and happily collect data on Swedish internal communications, and then, as a token of gratitude, relay information that the FRA wouldn't have been allowed to collect them self, to FRA. Not to mention that there is nobody with clearance to verify that FRA actually isn't breaking the law, and eavesdropping on the entire Swedish population them self.

Now... What are the odds that the NSA is doing exactly the same to the US population they are supposed to be protecting? Oh, right, we already know that answer, Eric Snowden gave us that info. They do, absolutely, eavesdrop on the US population, every single one of you, is getting surveillance reviews. And why? To catch the ever-violent terrorists? Yes, of course. They don't use encryption, and cover their tracks, making it virtually impossible to get anything useful on them that way... No, Big Brother is alive and kicking. He's not hunting terrorists, he's looking for a way to make damn sure that he wont get overthrown. At the very least USA still has a right to bear arms, unlike most of the rest of the world. Make damn sure to keep that right, or Big Brother wont give a shit what you guys think, and just steam roll all of you...

B!

The image... Chicken Little (the sky is falling!)

I know my country watches what I do (to some extent). Like I said, it's all about intention. Sure, I have an interest pyro. Am I likely to blow something up? Nope.

I am an American gun owner. I hunt, I own pistols (for fun and personal protection), I have a concealed carry permit. Not for people, I don't put or leave myself in those situations. I spend a good amount of time in the woods and on the water and had a number of close encounters with bear and wolves. A handy sidearm insures I get to return home albeit a bit worse for the wear.

So I know the government knows about what I look at on the net because it's likely been triggered by certain purchases. Fine. I am not a threat to this country or the government thereof. Do I like that they look and know? It's a little weird knowing that I am watched, but as long as there's not a problem I understand why it has to be (especially in this day and age) so I guess it's a necessary evil.

Things change. Used to be I could go to the pharmacy at 12 years old and buy sulfur and saltpeter OTC with only a cursory question from the pharmacist. 12 years old..... Not so much any more. Again, I understand why. Most 12 year-olds today are not nearly as careful or disciplined as I was at that age.

I'd still rather live here than anywhere else in the world.....

So, we've gotten a little off track. I can post the stand alone rocket sketcher .exe in the files section if the powers that be here give the Okey-Dokey. What say you Mumbles, Sidewinder? Yea or nay...

Ah well then. A.) I am not permitted to up load this kind of file (Adobe executable). OK.Though the file sizeis well below of the maximum allowable (4.23 MB v 512 MB).

No one said anything one way or the other so I figured I'd try. If anyone wants the standalone program I can zip it and send it (I think) or leave on Dropbox... PM if you're interested.

/m

For what it's worth, it's available on pyrobin. http://www.pyrobin.com/files/rockettoolsketcher.rar as well as an archived version online https://web.archive.org/web/20151021234528/http://www.flashnet.dk/rts/

I really have no idea how to make this executable as a webpage here. I sent out a message to someone who might be able to help, but haven't heard back. If anyone thinks they can make it happen, please let me know. I want to make sure it's feasible before getting in contact with Nic.

• 1 month later...