APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

I finally got around to turning 2 lbs of BP into much needed shell filler, blackmatch, and lift :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am allowed to use the schools equipment during lesson time to make pyro tools. Just as long as I buy my own stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is my occasional happiness for the day. I randomly got $400. My college decided to give me a grant, and I must say it is awesome. I made $3100 by going to college this year.

Damned if I know. They said they had extra funds or something. I'm not complaining, I got $400 cash taxfree.

Depending on where you go, how well you do in school and how poor you are a lot of colleges basically give you a small allowance now and then. I can't remember the exact name for it right now.

Yeah, about that. I am not poor. I have so many schollarships it is insane. Like I said, I get $3,100 profit in addition to my full ride schollarship. Quite nice, I can only hope for more schollarships.

Extremely comfortable at the moment. Sitting with my feet in a footbath-machine, with heating, bubbles, and vibration. One of those things that makes life a little sweeter while writing a lab report.

Just got my drivers license and I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can drive my dads 06 ecplise alone. B)

Congratulations!! Gtting your license is a wonderful thing. Also it's incredibly useful for pyrotechnics!! It has so many uses....

By the way, you might wanna drive an Eclipse sometime also, I hear their fun to! ;)

Well I just got back from pocatello, a city about 45 minutes from my house and I know have another $175 worth of chemicals! yay. Also, i got some awesome 5 micron magnesium powder... AND harbor freight is about 5 minutes from fire-fox, so my dad and I went and got a bunch of cheap tools and a respirator! What a good day it is...

Haha I wonder if he will catch it....In other news I have spring break coming up, which is always nice. I hope to test out a few new star compositions, and perfect my TT and glitter ones. Days of pyro w/o interruption is very nice.

I got a summer research position which will involve the use of cesium and most other alkalis in their metallic state :D

I would be happy to be the first to congratulate you on that! Oh oh oh... so I am assuming that this is organometallic stuff?

Technically the 3rd actually, I posted it on Sciencemadness recently, including some of the stuff I put into my resume to get it. :P

It is actually pure inorganic chemistry, I will be essentially getting Hg and Au into negative oxidation states by heating with alkalis in an arc furnace. B)

The proff seems cool, I wonder if he will let me buy stuff through him....

I am happy right now, just got back from the toy store...err..i mean art store, i got me half a dozen of 3" shells so i guess i will be making some of those.

My cannonfuse order finally got here. I now have 100' of american red white and blue visco, 10' of 1/4" timefuse, and a dozen 3" plastic shell hemi's. To top it all off, the catalog came in today so soon I will be as happy as swany with some Hg, and some other goodies (essence of skunk :P )

Holy crap, chemgasm, oh god!

I'm interested in what catalog that is big bang, what site did you order it from?

Well I just lit my first 3" cylindrical shell 10 minutes ago. I have done many 3" sphericals, but no cylinders. It worked like a charm though! It was just a salute can... 20 grams of flash with sugar for weight and more confinement. The shell weighed about 330 grams and I used 38 grams of lift.

I just bought 3lbs of KNO3 from my local Home Depot, I got it from the Grants Stump Remover. I love this stuff I got it for $5.96 a lb. I tried out some smoke comps, I made this really nice one about 2 hours ago, The only problem is I forgot to write the comp down. I remember it was somthing like 150g KNO3, 80g Powderd Sugar, 50-60g Parrafin Grains, and 30-40g Sodium Bicarb. I did the method of 60:40 KNO3:Powderd Sugar, then 3:1 60:40;Parrafin, Then I added about 2-3% Sodium Bicabonate.

One spoon full of the mix burns at 20sec and pours out smoke, The smoke has a greyish tint. It works really well when there isent any wind. I will make a video of my huge smoker soon, It should be about 250g in weight.

I used Grants for my first potassium nitrate. It works quite well. Although I never tried it in black powder, but I did make a lot of kno3 and sugar smoke bombs. I just tried a military smoke formula and it worked pretty well.

45 - hexacloerothane

45 - Zinc Oxide

10 - Aluminum

Kind of hard to ignite, but if its not windy the smoke gets really thick and hangs around for a long time.