APC Forum

winokur 39J

leedrill

can some one please help me out with this i just made a 500g batch to test as delay in my motors now as a lighter happy pyro i test some of every comp after mixing it to see how it burns in its screen mixed form

now to date i have only really tried N1 and D1 glitters and they burn fine when in powdered form and leave a bit less slag then when rolled but burns slow and leaves slag

when trying a test burn with winokur 39J it would not sustain burning i had a sparkler through a 3 to 4g pile and the sides where left unburnt burnt cleanly with no slag

but what did burn can tell it will be an awesome comp to have as a delay in motors

has anyone tried burning the 39 or 39J in powdered form and how did it burn for you

The open burn in powdered or star form for any glitter compo is irrelevant since the slag will react with the air, and this can only be achieved while the star (thus the formed slag) travels at high speeds.

Some compos seem slow or they look like they won't burn at all (TT for instance); in fact they need the extra O2 from air to burn properly.

yeah thanks but i do know this as little glitter as ive made i know quite well how they work but for instance i was talking with someone the other day whom had never burnt TT in the open unrolled or pressed just dry powder comp and yes TT not only burns slow when rolled but when in a shell it burns quite clean when powder in the open it makes so much ash its crazy

as for the glitter i would think it would atleast burn by its self in the open but it does not want to burn at all id expect it to burn very slow but not for it to only burn with an extenal heat source

all im asking, is this normal for it to not burn at all unless heat is applied and it will go out if the fuse or sparkler is not helping it

i have two motors pressed up to test it out so ill post back here in an hour or two letting you all know how it went