APC Forum

Internet Explorer Issues

Mumbles

I've heard of a few people experiencing problems inserting returns and linebreaks into their posts recently, specifically with Internet Explorer. I actually have the same problem when I use it. I typically use another browser, so it's not generally an issue.

There is a quick fix. At the upper left hand corner of the reply box there is a little icon that looks like a light switch. If you hover your mouse over it, it will say "toggle editing mode". Clicking that will gray out all the icons, but allows for hitting enter to start a new line. As long as you don't care about all the fancy stuff up there, this will work fine. I'm playing around with it now. You might be able to write your message normally by hitting that button, and then be able to do some of the fancy stuff like embed links, videos, do stuff with the text, etc. by just turning that thing back on and doing it later.

TheSidewinder and I are aware of this issue, but really don't have a solution yet. It's clearly something new with recent versions of either the forum software or browser software that just isn't being compatible yet.

thank you for that !

at least the line break works fine now :)

any ideas why some youtube vids wont play, but just show a white screen?

sorry to be a pain

dave

No clue. Maybe if you point me in the direction of one that does this for you I may be able to help.

thanks mum it looks better now. :]

Dan.

I suspect this is an issue with latest version of IE versus the software version we're running.

I'll be upgrading the forum this weekend, and we'll see that that does.

thank you for that !

at least the line break works fine now :)

any ideas why some youtube vids wont play, but just show a white screen?

sorry to be a pain

dave

Hey Dave ,

Your problem with the videos being white probably are from not having windows plugins installed or not having shock wave player( i thinks that's what its called )installed/ updated. I experienced the same thing before i downloaded the plugin,

Hope This Helps

Stay Safe & Stay Green

~Steven

As you no doubt noticed, the upgrade is done.

Please empty your browser cache and delete all cookies associated to amateurpyro.com then reboot, if you are still having problems.

Thanks!

Gallery is no longer randomized after the upgrade. Switch needs resetting?

Ah yes, needed two file edits. Thanks for the heads up.

Gallery images are now random on both main page and Gallery main page.

Thnx Sidewinder.... another ctrl+F5 on the gallery page and good to go.

• 8 months later...

I've heard of a few people experiencing problems inserting returns and linebreaks into their posts recently, specifically with Internet Explorer. I actually have the same problem when I use it. I typically use another browser, so it's not generally an issue.

There is a quick fix. At the upper left hand corner of the reply box there is a little icon that looks like a light switch. If you hover your mouse over it, it will say "toggle editing mode". Clicking that will gray out all the icons, but allows for hitting enter to start a new line. As long as you don't care about all the fancy stuff up there, this will work fine. I'm playing around with it now. You might be able to write your message normally by hitting that button, and then be able to do some of the fancy stuff like embed links, videos, do stuff with the text, etc. by just turning that thing back on and doing it later.

TheSidewinder and I are aware of this issue, but really don't have a solution yet. It's clearly something new with recent versions of either the forum software or browser software that just isn't being compatible yet.

Hi Mumbles, I was searching around for a solution to my quote button not working, saw this post and tried it, works well enough my browser is IE version 11

Matt

I just applied a patch for some known IE issues.

Empty your browser cache and try again, please, then post the results here either way.

I just applied a patch for some known IE issues.

Empty your browser cache and try again, please, then post the results here either way.

Hi Sidewinder, Works great now !!!!

Have a great 4th !

Matt

testing the hypelink that gave me trouble before

seems to work great as well !

Thanks Matt

Edited by mkn