13 replies to this topic

#1 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

I've heard of a few people experiencing problems inserting returns and linebreaks into their posts recently, specifically with Internet Explorer. I actually have the same problem when I use it. I typically use another browser, so it's not generally an issue.

There is a quick fix. At the upper left hand corner of the reply box there is a little icon that looks like a light switch. If you hover your mouse over it, it will say "toggle editing mode". Clicking that will gray out all the icons, but allows for hitting enter to start a new line. As long as you don't care about all the fancy stuff up there, this will work fine. I'm playing around with it now. You might be able to write your message normally by hitting that button, and then be able to do some of the fancy stuff like embed links, videos, do stuff with the text, etc. by just turning that thing back on and doing it later.

TheSidewinder and I are aware of this issue, but really don't have a solution yet. It's clearly something new with recent versions of either the forum software or browser software that just isn't being compatible yet.
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#2 dave321

dave321

Pyrotechnician

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

thank you for that !

at least the line break works fine now :)

any ideas why some youtube vids wont play, but just show a white screen?

sorry to be a pain

dave
dave

#3 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

No clue. Maybe if you point me in the direction of one that does this for you I may be able to help.
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#4 dan999ification

dan999ification

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:fishing, bbq, foraging, riding 2 strokes, body building
    FIREWORKS

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

thanks mum it looks better now. :]

Dan.

#5 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

I suspect this is an issue with latest version of IE versus the software version we're running.

I'll be upgrading the forum this weekend, and we'll see that that does.
program: n: a magic spell cast upon computers, which turns user input into error messages. v: A pastime akin to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#6 pyroman2498

pyroman2498

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Organic chemistry(PhD) ,physics, and the Art and beauty of pyrotechnics

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

thank you for that !

at least the line break works fine now :)

any ideas why some youtube vids wont play, but just show a white screen?

sorry to be a pain

dave

Hey Dave ,
Your problem with the videos being white probably are from not having windows plugins installed or not having shock wave player( i thinks that's what its called )installed/ updated. I experienced the same thing before i downloaded the plugin,
Hope This Helps

Stay Safe & Stay Green

~Steven
NO MAN LEFT BEHIND

​The Origins of "Stay Green" - http://www.fireworks.../green-man.html

MAPAG member (7/25/14)
Licensed NC Display Assistant (3/31/17)

#7 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

As you no doubt noticed, the upgrade is done.

Please empty your browser cache and delete all cookies associated to amateurpyro.com then reboot, if you are still having problems.

Thanks!

program: n: a magic spell cast upon computers, which turns user input into error messages. v: A pastime akin to beating one's head against a wall, but with fewer rewards and less personal satisfaction.

#8 Bobosan

Bobosan

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Interests:pyrotechnics, electronics, collectable firearms, women....but not necessarily in that order!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Gallery is no longer randomized after the upgrade.  Switch needs resetting?

#9 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Ah yes, needed two file edits. Thanks for the heads up.

Gallery images are now random on both main page and Gallery main page.

#10 Bobosan

Bobosan

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Interests:pyrotechnics, electronics, collectable firearms, women....but not necessarily in that order!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thnx Sidewinder.... another ctrl+F5 on the gallery page and good to go.

#11 mkn

mkn

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:most ing's : hunting, shooting, skiing, scuba diving, hiking, reloading, and without a doubt brewing some of the best beer !

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

I've heard of a few people experiencing problems inserting returns and linebreaks into their posts recently, specifically with Internet Explorer. I actually have the same problem when I use it. I typically use another browser, so it's not generally an issue.

There is a quick fix. At the upper left hand corner of the reply box there is a little icon that looks like a light switch. If you hover your mouse over it, it will say "toggle editing mode". Clicking that will gray out all the icons, but allows for hitting enter to start a new line. As long as you don't care about all the fancy stuff up there, this will work fine. I'm playing around with it now. You might be able to write your message normally by hitting that button, and then be able to do some of the fancy stuff like embed links, videos, do stuff with the text, etc. by just turning that thing back on and doing it later.

TheSidewinder and I are aware of this issue, but really don't have a solution yet. It's clearly something new with recent versions of either the forum software or browser software that just isn't being compatible yet.

Hi Mumbles, I was searching around for a solution to my quote button not working, saw this post and tried it,  works well enough  my browser is IE version 11

Matt

its an endless cycle plan, mix, dry, build, launch, adjust, plan, mix, dry, build , launch, oh I have to go to work now don't I.......

Matt

#12 TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Firebreather

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

I just applied a patch for some known IE issues.

Empty your browser cache and try again, please, then post the results here either way.

#13 mkn

mkn

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:most ing's : hunting, shooting, skiing, scuba diving, hiking, reloading, and without a doubt brewing some of the best beer !

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

I just applied a patch for some known IE issues.

Empty your browser cache and try again, please, then post the results here either way.

Hi Sidewinder,  Works great now !!!!

Have a great 4th !

Matt

its an endless cycle plan, mix, dry, build, launch, adjust, plan, mix, dry, build , launch, oh I have to go to work now don't I.......

Matt

#14 mkn

mkn

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

testing the hypelink that gave me trouble before

seems to work great as well !

Thanks Matt

Edited by mkn, 28 June 2014 - 05:42 PM.

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users