APC Forum

Brushes with the law

competebeginner

I'd thought that I would start this topic back up since I found it very amusing. So what are your experiences with the law?

I was the lucky recipient of a speeding ticket once.

Police have been known to drive by after the CATO or rather loud benzolift test. HE's stay out of town for the most part.

Cops were rounding my block for hours tonight just for shooting off some groundbloom rockets.

It's quite funny what the cops near my school have been doing this week. They sit out infront of the school in the morning and afternoon and write jaywalking tickets. There was someone who just sped through the schoolzone and they did nothing.

Heh that speeder must have been Swany! :ph34r: :P

Heh, that made me laugh! I do need to get my permit, only 3 more months till I can go to the glades when I please :ph34r:

It is odd how the cops will usually go after the small, pain in the ass things rather than larger violations. Well I suppose the government must be funded in many ways.

Then why have I been pulled over three times, yet only ticketed once? Clever government. :ph34r:

I really like that smiley as well.

The problem with our police here is that they care more about traffic violations and less about meth. Meth is a bigger problem than traffic violations I think... but I am not complaining. I have yet to be bagged for my industrious chemistry endeavors. I have no doubt that the police are aware that *something* is up in my neighborhood, as I would make a conservative guess that they have been called 5 times due to noise. This number could be 30, or it could be 2. My neighbors are mostly ok.

Well I had the police take a lot of stuff on me a while back, oddly enough it was because my mother called the police on me for kicking a door in my house off the hinges, she thought I was getting really mad, I was just a little pissed and kicked a door, it was flimsy and came off. This was in november, and just the other day they called saying I could have things back, because they basically had no reason to take it, they just seen stuff in my room while looking at the door, and decided that it wasn't something that should be kept in a teenagers bedroom. After clarifying that the blackpowder and stuff was for a school science project I had done, they said I can pick it all back up in may! ....I had to do this, it seems to be the latest trend -> :ph34r:

Being in the country helps as I have no neighbours that can call the noise cops. In the eight years I have lived in my current house the family has only ever seen one cop car ever on the road I live on. And that was because someone ditched a car and burnt it. I guess I don't realise how lucky I am when I read that police circle after a few bangs go of in a suburb.

You all know of my lunchroom tray burning incident. That kid is a giant doushe that is full of glue... But anywhom, One more brush with the law(Not pyro related)

Skateboarding tends to piss cops off for no reason whatso ever...

I am outside of an old abandoned bank, skating around with 2 of my friends, when a cop shows up.

He gives a whole "You cant skateboard because its a disturbance to the traffic" speech. I was 50 or some odd feet off the road and I got lectured and very nearly ticketed because "I gave the man a funny look"

BigBang is right. Some cops are twisted in what they write tickets for and completely ignore. For instance as he was lecturing me I watched a man speed through the parking lot and a camaro speed through a red light. This is a classic example of how as they are getting on people like me they are ignoring other people that are committing real and dangerous crimes.

Yeah I agree with evilgecko....its very nice living in the country. I don't think theres ever been a cop on my road and other than the occasional park ranger (my property is up against a state woods) the law never shows its face!

I once recieved a speeding ticket and lost my license for 30 days... Oh and I had a cop cuss at me once when I called and mouthed her off on the phone because of something this dumb "rent a cop" they keep at the school (who is now fired I might add) did. Hahaha now that he's gone there is this new guy who doesn't care about what we do... Me and some buddies were skipping and playing basketball in the gym, the cop walked in and I was like damn...we're busted. Well he walked over and was like "hey give me the ball" so he shot the ball then said he had to go....

thathad2hurtbad: I'll bet that was my friend in the camaro!! Hahaha I was probably riding with him to...( any chance your in Ohio :D )he has a nice black camaro and like no regard for the road laws! Just recently actually we were in a different vehicle (not his camaro and this was unfortunate) and coming hom late and as usual flying along at whatever speed he wanted to and a sherriff goes by. Well we saw him slam on the brakes and turn around with his lights on, but my friend just yells we're gonna try and run him! So he just hits the gas and cuts down some old back road and we're flying along but the cop catches up and my friend gives up when the cop gets close enough to have read his license plate... To bad we were in his dads little junk nissan...if we were in his camaro we would have totally smoked that cop I know we would have!! Hahaha that was great they put him in the back of the cruiser and everything...... He somehow howeveor got off with the same punishment I had for just speeding!

thathad2hurtbad: I'll bet that was my friend in the camaro!! Hahaha I was probably riding with him to...( any chance your in Ohio :D )he has a nice black camaro and like no regard for the road laws! Just recently actually we were in a different vehicle (not his camaro and this was unfortunate) and coming hom late and as usual flying along at whatever speed he wanted to and a sherriff goes by. Well we saw him slam on the brakes and turn around with his lights on, but my friend just yells we're gonna try and run him! So he just hits the gas and cuts down some old back road and we're flying along but the cop catches up and my friend gives up when the cop gets close enough to have read his license plate... To bad we were in his dads little junk nissan...if we were in his camaro we would have totally smoked that cop I know we would have!! Hahaha that was great they put him in the back of the cruiser and everything...... He somehow howeveor got off with the same punishment I had for just speeding!

Ahh.... reminds me of my own youth. Shannon's funeral, Jacque's funeral, Peewee's funeral... 3 in my senior year of HS alone... Being a pallbearer sucks, but, hey they were all great drivers and could outrun everyone. Oh I forgot Glen... Glen's trial... he was out by the time he was 25, it was only manslaughter, thank goodness....

• Like 1

I just recently had a little brush with the law, I wasn't really involved, nor was it pyro related, but if the cops would've noticed we were all drunk, I could've been in some serious shit. We were at the bowling alley and a fight broke out between a group of people and one of my friends and his brother and his brothers friend. What apparently happened was my friends cousin got hit by a male gurilla (haha) and my friend leveled the guy. Then someone hit my friends brothers friends gf, and that got them involved. I was outside smoking a cigar at the time, and went inside just in time to see my friends bro get hit in the side of the head. We left, and the cops were already there. They put us all up against the wall, and threatened to hit us a few times with the nightstick. After a little bit they finally let us go home. We were all extremely drunk, I don't know how they didn't notice. O well, we got lucky that time I guess.

Ahh.... reminds me of my own youth. Shannon's funeral, Jacque's funeral, Peewee's funeral... 3 in my senior year of HS alone... Being a pallbearer sucks, but, hey they were all great drivers and could outrun everyone. Oh I forgot Glen... Glen's trial... he was out by the time he was 25, it was only manslaughter, thank goodness....

That sounds tragic, But I just had another pyro related brush with the law today! After mixing up a small amount of KNO3/Sucrose smoke, I was holding an empty yoplait can full of it, along with 2 smalller film canister sized ones, when my idiot friend walks up behind me with his lighter lit and lights the fuse!! I chucked the bottle of yoplait without realizing that it has set off one of the film canister cartons in my hand! That one got thrown too, but it unfourtounatly rolls underneath a car! Amongst smoke, swearing, and a small amount of punching my friend, We see a cop car coming at us. Being a skater punkish kid that I am, My first instinct was to HAUL ASS.

So after crossing over the highway thats nearby to my test sight(Crossing this highway is merely a matter of timing, its a 4 lane highway with 2 lanes going each way and a 50 foot grass median in between.)And running all the way to the next town(Parkland, on the other side of the highway) And escaping... I hate that idiot midget.... (P.S It was only manslaugther....)

Tisc tisc, what a dumb little mexican miget Sal is. So, why did you chuck towards the apartments instead of the canal? PM me when you think of an excuse ;)

This kid who lit the smoker is an idiot and a jackass, but is his bitch so he goes everywhere with him. But i am able to tame him, just tell him to light a piece of visco(american) with the flame pointed at his hand :ph34r:

Frozen: Were you sreious about that or just being sarcastic?

Wow your friend sounds really dumb thathad2hurtbad! Actually, sounds like something my friends would do and thats the reason I raraely ever show my stuff or invite them to watch my fireworks.... I can't trust them because they are so immature and just don't take it serious. If a day has gone by without them suggesting I "blow something up" for them, then it was because I was absent! Plus I'm on the opposite end, I tend to take pyrotechnics to serious. It is supposed to be fun but sometimes I make it out to be a job or a task: especially if I have to be babysitting other people around the devices........

I was cought with some chems once but they let me off and said don't make illegal stuff...

Interesting - would you like to elaborate?

Like who caught you, where they caught you, and what they caught you with....

Absolutely..

I was caught at my house. A few cops had come, responding to a "large boom.. a loud noise".

*****SNIP*****

An admittedly late Moderator Edit, but edited nevertheless.

I understand that people in this post are trying to warn others of their own stupidity.

And what this poster did was indeed stupid!

Just to be clear:

NO mention of HE's outside the proper forums. This post generated a reply TWO YEARS LATER, from someone new to the site. What you write here sticks around for a long time, and can come back to bite you in the ass. We don't want to give newbies ideas. He may not be, but we don't know yet. We HAVE to assume all newcomers here are newbies until they prove otherwise. No one get the benefit of the doubt. You may hint that it was an HE that got you into trouble with the law, but walk that line very carefully please.

TheSidewinder

*****SNIP*****

After a long discussion on how this stuff is illegal and dangerous, they told me to get rid of my chemicals, and stop doing this illegal activity... I got lucky.

Now.... I have a custom lab, hundreds of chemicals, all kinds of explosives, books, computer is filled with information on making, and if I was ever caught again, I'd be fined, and probably in jail for a LONG time.

Edited by TheSidewinder

I had just detonated around 300g of AP (Acetone Peroxide) in my alley because I was bored, and pretty new to High Explosives.

Wow - that's incredibly stupid, or suicidal, depending on which way you look at it.

I think we may have a potential candidate for the Darwin awards here :rolleyes:

I would imagine that Chicago didn't take well to being woken up with 3/4lb of AP. Also, perhaps living where you did got you off easily. Cops there may be less shocked by what you did, and not really care. Here, I would have been crucified...

I won't comment anymore on the AP thing. Largest amount of AP I ever did in the old days was about 10g.

My first HE det was AP, in the yard. I even put it in snow to try dampen it a bit... no luck there. I would imagine around 2g in a filmcannsiter. Goodness, that was loud! I belive it was only that loud due to about 5 layers of tape. The same expirement with less tape was not nearly as impressive.

Wow - that's incredibly stupid, or suicidal, depending on which way you look at it.

First of all.. No. Just because you don't want to risk or have the guts to do big dets means you don't want to, not I'm stupid. I take more chances maybe? Even though my rule is safety first....

People shouldn't be judged on how much they can det.. :rolleyes: And a lot of people including BB Mods and many other Totse BB 'Legends' have detted up to the kilo's of AP.

The law is strict in Chicago though, I just get lucky because my dad knows the State guys and Commanders and all the high ranked people etc. AP was my first HE.. About 15g of it in my yard, pretty nice.

Now I usually det things in my yard (small dets) or BIG dets (100+g of HE's) in forests my by house we call "The Jumps" because of many awesome dirt mounds and no cops can get in.. Not many people know about them either.

No, he called you stupid because you made and detonated 300g of a primary explosive in an urban location. People or property could have been damaged. It is very dangerous, expecially with something like AP when you are unfamiliar with it.

Just because other people have detonated large amounts of AP, does that make it right? I know several of the current and past mods at totse. They are quite intelligent and good people. Totse does have a bad reputation for shitty information, and for being overrun with kewls. Which from my experience is the case.

When I said they have done it, I wasn't saying because they did, it's ok and I can too.. I was letting him know I'm not the only one that does big dets here and there.

You are right about the location part, it was not a smart idea and honestly.. I do regret detting it -in that particular location-. I made sure it was a day where everyone was at work and noone was near it in any way. Nobody making HE's should ever want to use their knowledge to hurt people and their number one "rule" should ALWAYS be safety first.

But yes, accidents happen, and your never going to be completely safe making / detting explosives. If anyone is at risk of possible injury, which should never be anyone, it should be yourself and nobody else. Why should others be punished for your actions? (When I say your, I am referring to the maker)

I was originally from totse and was there for a long fucking time and dont know of any of the intelligent older members doing pounds of AP....maybe some of the newer kewls thats about it. I've had to of made multiple kilo's of AP back in the day....however the most I ever detonated at once was like 20-30g....anything over that was cut with AN and had a cap to initiate it. I also do all my shit in a local woods....never 3/4lb of explosive in a urban alleyway......thats just fucking retarded. It doesn't matter how many chemicals or books you have....if you dont have the brains to use that knowledge...your gonna end up arrested or dead. also 300g of AP WILL shatter windows in relative proximity...so either your lieing or it had to be a fairly large alleyway/no windows.