APC Forum

My first 3" TT

IarePaul

Not at all... I think it looked pretty decent. Congrats.

Not a lot of criticism that I can add. Great shell. And I'm not even taking the fact that it's your first shell in to account :)

Keep it up!

Nice shell! Looked pretty good.

Were the stars cut? Looked like they "swam" a bit at the end.

WB

Yep, stars were cut. made just a few for testing. now i rolled like 2,5-3kg TT. working on 100 shot 2" cilinders cake and some more 3" aerial shells..

i know my mini pyro show will look booring, but dont have chemicals for coloured stars yet :)

larepaul : I think you did a good job on your first shell, so well done.

I also like the fact that you have already started rolling your stars, you will find your flower shape will greatly improve when you use round rolled stars.

Keep it up, and thanks for sharing.

best

fred

Not boring at all, good looking shell, what size were the stars, what burst are you using?

stars were 5-8mm and for burst i used only bp. also pasted 10 layers of gum tape. gonna try with 5 layers next time and compare it. cause i dont know if its worth pasting so much :D

Nice shell, better than my first though I have achieved symetry now with 10mm rolled stars bp on hulls and 10 layers of pasting which I find essential to getting the most from the bp, you may be able to use less layers as gummed tape is thicker than my paper.

Well done.

Dan.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice shell bro!

What does TT mean ? Titanium ? Tiger Tail Star ?

I am so happy that i can find a video that didnt use any flash or whistle for burst charge .

i hope my bp as good as yours . Did you ball mill em?

Nice shell bro!

What does TT mean ? Titanium ? Tiger Tail Star ?

I am so happy that i can find a video that didnt use any flash or whistle for burst charge .

i hope my bp as good as yours . Did you ball mill em?

Its tiger tail stars. bp was milled for about 8 hours.

What did you use for your lift charge? I am just working on my first 3 inch shells and was going to use granulated BP (pulverone) I did through a 15 mesh, but now I am thinking this is a bit small and may burn too fast. Some threads say to use up to 1/4 inch corned BP for 3 and 4 inch shells. That's a lot larger grain size than I was originally considering using. Did you use 10 percent weight lift charge? Edited by JayDee2

What did you use for your lift charge? I am just working on my first 3 inch shells and was going to use granulated BP (pulverone) I did through a 15 mesh, but now I am thinking this is a bit small and may burn too fast. Some threads say to use up to 1/4 inch corned BP for 3 and 4 inch shells. That's a lot larger grain size than I was originally considering using. Did you use 10 percent weight lift charge?

shell was 167grams. i used 18g granulated bp as lift. and my granulated bp was like 3-5mm size.