APC Forum

4" Inch TT to Red and 3" Inch D1 Glitter

LambentPyro

Here's a 4" Inch shell using the same batch of stars from my previous TT to Red 3" Inch Shell.

It was decent, could've had a farther lift, shell weighed 333.3 grams, I put 38 grams of Granulated Black Powder.

Could've been better for my 3rd 4" Inch -__- .

This shell I was surprised to see the glitter burn out so fast, but I realized a few things, I need to pump them instead of rolling, can't ball mill the comp (don't worry, milled without Al), and if I do roll them, can't use too much solvent, I used I think a little too much. I just thought of something, I should use like 120 mesh Flake Al instead too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLbWnu1R1I

It was also a decent shell.

Edited by LambentPyrotechnics

Spherical and spheroidal are the particle shapes most commonly associated with glitters. Nice job on that TT to red shell! It looked like it had a nice full break with good ignition.

Spherical and spheroidal are the particle shapes most commonly associated with glitters. Nice job on that TT to red shell! It looked like it had a nice full break with good ignition.

Hmm, okay.

Thank you!!

Nice shell. But why do you have such a huge hotglue stain on your shell?

I always put the glue just around my fuse and had no failure until now.

Greets

Nice shell. But why do you have such a huge hotglue stain on your shell?

I always put the glue just around my fuse and had no failure until now.

Greets

When I burry a 4" shell into BP lift charge, I really don't want that flower potting. Better be safe and secure than sorry.

The TT to red looked real good. What kind of flash were you using, seems like everyones shells break louder than mine? I have put as much as 8g of 70/30 and its still not as loud as that first one.

The TT to red looked real good. What kind of flash were you using, seems like everyones shells break louder than mine? I have put as much as 8g of 70/30 and its still not as loud as that first one.

3.4 g of 70/30 KClO4 to Na Benzoate.

TT to Red was a nice looking shell. How many layers of pasting did you put on it, it looked like it had nice symmetrical break.

it amazes me how good the i phone cams are for picking up fireworks colours