APC Forum

2-3ton press for traveling to conventions.... any ideas?

boule

Hi there,

traveling to conventions does not necessarily mean that you get power in the manufacturing area right away (or need to bring a loooooong extension cord), you don't always have a truck to haul everything around and you kinda want to be set up early and be able to depart early as well while still be able to whip up a few 1lb rockets.

I kinda gave the usual 1ton harbor freight press a thought but with 1lb rockets, that will definately be pushing it. BP might work, hybrid or whistle... well, salute on a stick comes to my mind.

So, what kind of economic press do you think might be modified easily for traveling? I thought about something like that http://www.busybeeto...RESS-2-TON.html since it is still semi-portable (the 3ton run up to 120lb) and one could concievably extend the base with a metal plate and some threaded rod. On the other hand, a small hydraulic press would be nice as well (and probably lighter) but I have not yet found something that will fit the bill without building a completely new frame.

So, any suggestions what to do or examples what you are using for travel?