APC Forum

3" Inch Red Peony and 2.5" Inch D1 Gold Glitter

LambentPyro

This was the first 3" shell I ever made, it was lit the first time on the Fourth, but the time fuse failed and I finally got a chance to redo it, not too bad!

Went a little high though, I'll try a little less lift.

This was another shell that I had which the time fuse failed on the Fourth. This was the only 2.5" shell from my Fourth stash that actually had the stars ignite.

Stars burnt out pretty quickly.

Edited by LambentPyrotechnics

You or your lighter might want to try to get more than 20 feet away from the mortars in the future, especially when they're not totally buried.

The 3" shell looked pretty good. Nice work. The 2.5" shell looked overbroken and sparse in my opinion. I'm not entirely surprised that the rest of those shells of that size blew blind. The stars looked pretty nice though.

those were nice, but the 2.5 looked like it had to much brake/ boost in it.

But practice makes perfect, keep trying and you will soon get it :)

Good job,

Staysafe and Staygreen

~Steven

You or your lighter might want to try to get more than 20 feet away from the mortars in the future, especially when they're not totally buried.

The 3" shell looked pretty good. Nice work. The 2.5" shell looked overbroken and sparse in my opinion. I'm not entirely surprised that the rest of those shells of that size blew blind. The stars looked pretty nice though.

I was about 120 feet away from both mortars, I zoomed in a little bit more on the 2.5" to get a better view after how far away the 3" was. My dad, I agree was too close to both of those mortars, but after being in the Air Force for 21 years, I think being 10 feet away from them was a lot safer than him being a few inches from a couple 81 mm's launching out.

Yes, I realize that, I put too much whistle in there, 1.8 g along with the MCRH.

those were nice, but the 2.5 looked like it had to much brake/ boost in it.

But practice makes perfect, keep trying and you will soon get it :)

Good job,

Staysafe and Staygreen

~Steven

Yeah, well putting 1.8 g of whislte in that 2.5" is going to break it hard, these shells were constructed in April, I've learned a lot since then. The 3" had 2.2 g of whistle. I used a very energetic Aluminium for that D1, it was 500 mesh Atomized, and it was milled without the Al for like 8 hours on mistake, forgot about it.

Edited by LambentPyrotechnics