APC Forum

NA sali + K benz

leedrill

has anyone tried a mixture of both for whistle and is there any incompatibilities mixing the two

i just havent really heard of it being done so it might be a stupid question

Edited by leedrill

The only benifet would be to make the rest of my na Sali that is milled to go further with the milled k bez I have for I like na Sali but if I can add a bit of k Benz to make up the kg batch I'd be happy

I don't see why it won't work as long as it is thoroughly mixed. Obviously you will wind up with a fuel with power in between the 2 flavors of fuel, and that power depends on the ratio you use. What tooling will work for it I don't know.

How short are you on your batch of NA Sali? What are your normal applications for Sali fuel and Benz feul?

have never really used benz fuel but have both na and k benz . i have just over 200g of na sali left that is milled and 1kg unmilled {am not looking forward to getting it below 400# } ive been running a 70/30/1/2.5 mix for motors perc/na sali /red oxide / vaso and performs very well so would be like a 2:1 ratio of sali to benz i figure if there are no incompatibilities, if anything throwing some k benz in the mix should be a good thing to create a less hydroscopic barrier for the comp i just find a kg is so much easier to mix up

and i have a variety of tooling so will be able to test some different things out

I would mix it up and test it on the tooling you normally use for the sali. It should work, just be a little less powerful. If its unsatisfactory, try your next longer spindled tooling.

One thing you can do to spice the fuel up a tad more is to mill the catalyst into the perc. So if the little power loss is of concern when you combine benz with sali and you don't currently mill the catakyst into the perc I would do that first. I always mill the catalyst into the perc.

i just find a kg is so much easier to mix up
I agree. 1Kg is about the perfect amount for bag miking in 1 gallon ziplocks, and its the perfect amount to have in the bowl I use to dry over the double boiler bath. Edited by Juiceh