APC Forum

3" Inch TT to Red

LambentPyro

--- Full HD

-Lift was approximately 15% of the shells weight, shell weighed 142.0 Grams, lift was 19.8 Grams of Granulated Black Powder (Black Willow and normal Willow Charcoal).

-Burst was Meal Coated Rice Hulls with 2.0 grams of Whistle Mix (1.0 Gram in each Hemi).

-Stars were (3/8" Inch Diameter) a Tiger Tail to Veline Red rolled.

-Inner Prime was a thick layer of 1 Hour Milled BP Meal (ordinary hardwood airfloat) with 10% added Silicon.

-Outer Prime was a respective layer of the Tiger Tail milled for 5 hours (White Pine mixed with Mixed Hardwood Airfloat Charcoal).

-The shell had 5 layers pasted (each layer counts as 2, so I guess that means it was 10).

Special thanks to my buddy vh718 for the priming steps, couldn't of worked better!! :D

Edited by LambentPyrotechnics

That looked good buddy,

Keep up the good work :)

How did the Veline red look in person? The video seems to be washed out so it's probably the colour rendering of the camera or my computer. TT's looked real good.

That looked good buddy,

Keep up the good work :)

Thank you!! Much appreciated!

How did the Veline red look in person? The video seems to be washed out so it's probably the colour rendering of the camera or my computer. TT's looked real good.

It looked like nice and rich in person, it looked more like on the pink side of red, but I found out how to fix the washout, I'll make another one and test it.

Nice work

Thanks!!!

Very nice shell! I assume you used paper hemis? Also, what pasting method did you use 3 strip and what was the weight of the paper you used?

Very nice shell! I assume you used paper hemis? Also, what pasting method did you use 3 strip and what was the weight of the paper you used?

Yes, I used paper hemis, I have no idea what the 3- strip method is, but here's the method for them:

N/S, E/W @ 90 degrees with an equator with 4 smaller pieces to cover open areas.

N/S with equator with horizontal pieces going E/W

Same as first

E/W with equator with horizontal going N/S

Same as first and third.

Edited by LambentPyrotechnics