APC Forum

5" Ball Shell

Shizznt

I will not be able to make as much fireworks during the school year since I'll have more work. I will try some 5" shells before the summer ends, but the only questions I have are on pasting. What pasting methods would be best on a 5" shell and how many layers should I put on it? Would the 3 strip method work?

Thanks,

Shizznt

I will not be able to make as much fireworks during the school year since I'll have more work. I will try some 5" shells before the summer ends, but the only questions I have are on pasting. What pasting methods would be best on a 5" shell and how many layers should I put on it? Would the 3 strip method work?

Thanks,

Shizznt

Two layers per inch. Yes the 3 strip method will work.

BJV

Two layers per inch. Yes the 3 strip method will work.

BJV

Okay, I'll try it. Thanks

Depends what, and how good your burst is. With good bp, I don't need any booster. Using most of the perchlorate bursts work fine as well.

Depends what, and how good your burst is. With good bp, I don't need any booster. Using most of the perchlorate bursts work fine as well.

ok, my burst isn't too fast but it's not slow. Since I don't have a ball mill ,yet, I use a coffee grinder.

It really depends on what kind of effect your after, and what kind of booster you use and how much. I tend to keep my pasting the same (only 4 layers for 5''), and vary the booster if I want my break to be more or less fierce.

I really hope you mean that you're grinding each individual chemical in the coffee grinder, and then mixing them. Milling compositions in one is a death wish.

You'll probably need some amount of booster. Maybe start around 1.5x what you use in a 4" shell.

I really hope you mean that you're grinding each individual chemical in the coffee grinder, and then mixing them. Milling compositions in one is a death wish.

You'll probably need some amount of booster. Maybe start around 1.5x what you use in a 4" shell.

Of course I only grind my potassium nitrate, first, and then my sulfur. I don't need to grind my dextrin or charcoal, since they are already airfloat.

It really depends on what kind of effect your after, and what kind of booster you use and how much. I tend to keep my pasting the same (only 4 layers for 5''), and vary the booster if I want my break to be more or less fierce.

The first shell I'm using chrysanthemum 8 stars. So, I want to add some booster cause I don't want to let them droop too much. But the second I'm using tiger tail stars so I want those to droop more than the chrysanthemum.