APC Forum

4" inch shells on the 4th

vh718

Timed reports was very nice, it's pretty hard to get time right, but you made it very well.

Bow Tie looked pretty nice as well, just kinda in wrong orentation

Loved the timed reports...bravo!

Nice work vh, but boy...that 4"cylinder triple report ring...man..I tip my hat to you for that one.. ;) ..brilliant stuff!

Thanks for the upload, keep at it!

best

fred

Nice work vh, but boy...that 4"cylinder triple report ring...man..I tip my hat to you for that one.. ;) ..brilliant stuff!

Thanks for the upload, keep at it!

best

fred

thanks fred, more to come :D

yep gotta love timed reports very nice

but i love the mustang aswelll very clean

Wow. The timed report shell is fantastic. Would you mind throwing up a video of how you crafted that one and the compositions? I would love to try that shell out.

Really nice!

I plan on moving into cannister shells over the next year

Dean

Nice job on the bow tie shell but that time report shell is in a different league :D. I will definitely keep an eye out for your future projects/shells.

Excellent!

That was impressive. How can you beat that. That timed report has got me thinking about building some canister shells.

#VH: Looks very nice, well done. I get that same auto propulsion effect when my streamers burn through to the coloured core. I think it has to do with a little bit too much water when rolling on the first increment on your coloured cores. Did you dry your cores before rolling on the streamer? I assume you primed the blue cores?

thanks for sharing bro, well done again.

best

fred

#VH: Looks very nice, well done. I get that same auto propulsion effect when my streamers burn through to the coloured core. I think it has to do with a little bit too much water when rolling on the first increment on your coloured cores. Did you dry your cores before rolling on the streamer? I assume you primed the blue cores?

thanks for sharing bro, well done again.

best

fred

yes i primed my cores as well as let them dry before i rolled the streamer.

Really enjoyed your shells...nice job keep it up.......

Sweet!

#VH: well done on the alternating streamer/coloured ring, very nice. But imo inner petals for 4"ers are best made with 5 or 6mm stars for a better symetrical pattern. Please don't get me wrong please, I liked your saturn a lot. You know I like your eye for detail, and your quest for the best symmetry... ;)

I am currently rolling a batch of 5 and 6 mm orange stars. I'll experiment with inner petals specifically for 4"shells. For my show I'd used 7mm's, but they were a bit too large for use as inner petal stars. How big were your inner petal stars?

best

fred

#VH: well done on the alternating streamer/coloured ring, very nice. But imo inner petals for 4"ers are best made with 5 or 6mm stars for a better symetrical pattern. Please don't get me wrong please, I liked your saturn a lot. You know I like your eye for detail, and your quest for the best symmetry... ;)

I am currently rolling a batch of 5 and 6 mm orange stars. I'll experiment with inner petals specifically for 4"shells. For my show I'd used 7mm's, but they were a bit too large for use as inner petal stars. How big were your inner petal stars?

best

fred

hmmm yeah good observation, the inner petal stars were about 8mm. i used them cuz i had them for 3" shells and im too lazy to roll a smaller batch just for inner petals :P

Very nice! Do you have any building pics ?

sorry i dont

vh: I follow you, I have the same issue somethimes. Loads of 8mm's primed, tested and ready to go, what the heck, might as well use them for petals in 4"ers.

I'll prime my 5 and 6 mm's asap, and see if I can improve my 2"inserts and petals this way. Lately I've come to the conclusion that somewhat smaller stars give a much denser flower and a better symmetry, especially for the smaller calibers

It's a good idea to keep some 5 and 6 mm's when rolling up a batch. Simply screen some more compo when you start out to , this should compensate for the fewer stars you'll end up with when you'll reach your targeted size range.

best

fred