APC Forum

Video of my show from the 4th

Dean411

I didnt take the video so don't critec the jabber in the background. i didn't make the fan cakes but i did make the salute cake you see part off it was an 80 shot salute cake with rising glitter tails but only the last 15 or 20 shots are on video.
Questions ,comments, Dean

Nice work Dean. All the shells were yours?

What can I say.. Very good job! What size shells starts at 0:30?

dean, well done, it looks like a very nice show. You've also shot a considerable amount of ordonance..The breaks were a bit on the low side, but not in a sense it was compromising safety or anything. Audience stood well back as far as I could see.

What caliber was the salute cake?

How do you make your lift with what kind of charcoal? Do you granulate it or corn it?

thanks for the upload, keep it up.

best

fred

Looks good Dean, i see you put a lot of time in that show. What was the formula @ 1:54- 1:55? I guess you call them crackle stars.

I will try and answer all questions here and thanks for the comments everybody.as far as the low breaks i am not sure if I under lifted them or they got wet as it rained like crazy 2 hours before showtime. there were over 200 shells I made most were 3' and there were 27 4" I had 2 5" and 2 6" but decided against firing after the 4's were breaking low.

@Blackthumb the rising glitter tails were mostly 3/4 pumped comets.post-11493-0-66756100-1373206488_thumb.jpg

@bobosan Yes I made all the shells but not the cakes except for the salute cake which is pictured below

post-11493-0-92365900-1373206784_thumb.jpg

@LTUPyro the shells at :30 are 4"

@fredhappy my Salute cake was made from 11/4 HDPE and the inserts were 1" ID 1 1/4 OD about half of my BP was corned ,Willowpost-11493-0-37058100-1373207050_thumb.jpg,post-11493-0-91740400-1373207075_thumb.jpg.

@ivars those were red strobes not glitter I didnt make those.

Didn't realize you could e-match directly into a lift charge. I know it can be done but wouldn't it be better to e-match to quickmatch?

I'm thinking the wires might interfere with shell exiting the mortar causing a low break, especially at the point where they are hot glued to the shell body and lift cup.

Edited by Bobosan

The wires are not strong enough to affect the shell in anyway the wires are tied off to the racks to keep them from pulling out of the rails .

Dean