APC Forum

So bummed.....

w4cbl

:( I am so bummed out!

I was planning a major backyard show (ok, major for me) of 120 consumer 2" canister shells, several cakes, numerous rockets, etc. all timed with various fusing and fired with my DIY panel.

Sadly, the weather here is not cooperating, and I don't like the risk factor with the lightening or the notion that heavy rains will ruin my expensive shells.

However, on a good note, my TurboPyro kit has arrived! I look forward to diving in to it after I return from vacation 7/12.

I have a large order ready to send to http://www.hobbychemicalsupply.com/ .

I am placing an order for tools from http://fireworktools.com/ as soon as I get home.

I'll also fire my "show" then as well.... hate to have all those lonely shells sitting around unloved. ;)

Happy Independence day, everyone!

You are not alone, my plans changed too. I ended up working today, so no show and no personal plans. I do get holiday pay and they have us a nice free lunch this afternoon, so I can't complain too much.

I ended up having to take an emergency call, too. Meanwhile, my brother-in-law next door is shooting a few festival balls despite the rain.

I didn't shoot much on the 4th either. We did our show on June 29. We haven't got much rain in my area lately so everything is dry. Had a 200g cake fall over and catch the grass on fire. Didn't get big but took forever to put out. After that I was exhausted and called it a night. On the 4th I set off 3 - 1.75" salutes after watching the local show. Got to see what looked like a large fire a few miles away. I wanted to set off a couple 4" ballshells and a couple 4" canisters I made but if was just too dry and windy. Hopefully it will rain here so I can set them off before a county burn ban is put in place.