APC Forum

Shells from last Weekend's MPA Shoot

WonderBoy

As was mentioned in an older thread, I, along with Psyco and Mum have been working on "ballmill-less" shells. I have also been working on rinfasciature multibreaks. For last weekend's shoot I made a 3" two break with timed reports, a 4" Snail (bebbux) with pasted inserts, a 5" Sun and Planets with rinfasciatured inserts, and two 4" lamps.

Unfortunately, I shot the 3" too early in the day, so it is difficult to see the reports in the video, many open between frames, but you can hear them. The first break had one simultaneous ring of reports. The second break had two, followed by a bottom shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBvFIkYrCUs

The 5" Sun and Planets had two timings in the 1st break, blue then red, but most of the red blew blind. All of the inserts were made using the "rin" method, not a drop of glue. Second break was a silver cross with red (the red blew blind), followed by a bottom shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LOY8owAwmo

The 4" Snail shell had blue inserts, followed by a bottom shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCPm0YpyISU

And a 4" lampare, 24oz of fuel.

youtu.be/mOXNF07WNFg

Comments and critique are welcome.

WB

all those shells were great, but im going to have to get some info on that snail shell, just amazing!!!

Nice shell's! Any construction details would be welcome, especially on how to fuse the multibreaks. I've seen a lot of people blowing their second or third break blind..

Some of my videos from the shoot...

Nice shell's too. Needles to say that your lift needs some work ;). For you the same question, how did you fuse the second break/bottom shot? Some pict's of the building process would be nice.

Well done guys, I like the snail shell best too.

I have a question: did you use unmilled lift too?

it looks like you all had a blast, very nice.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing..

best

fred

Nice work.I like the effort on the glueless, ballmil-less part, makes it defiant to get right.

Those snail inserts, how did you fuse them? spolette or timefuse?

Thanks guys. The snail was the favorite of my shells too. Psyco had some nice shells, with a very nice 6" multi.

I cheated a bit for the lift, used 116 fuse powder. We have tests planned for unmilled powder as lift, but haven't had a chance to do it yet.

The inserts in the snail were made traditionally: rolled casing, spiked, pasted in, and time fuse as the delay. I use the "top hat" method, where blackmatch is folded over the end of the fuse, for priming.

There was 2 rows of 7 inserts, they were timed to ignite in pairs.

post-939-0-07224800-1371855139_thumb.jpg

These are some of the, primed, rinfasciatured inserts for the sun and planets shell.

post-939-0-05506200-1371855803_thumb.jpg

The 3" shell used crossmatched timefuse, because of space issues, and the 4 and 5" shells used spolettes. For the spolettes, I scratch the end, then fold and tie 5 pieces of blackmatch over the end, with match sticking up into the shell. Here is a rinfasciatured bottom shot from a different shell:

post-939-0-24279100-1371856285_thumb.jpg

The shells were all rinfasciatured, which would probably require a thread of it's own to explain.

WB

Edited by WonderBoy

Thanks, I already suspected this type of priming, but I wanted to be sure, verry crispy.