APC Forum

Priming without sulphur for stars of chlorate

daniroor

Hello

I have stars with base to Chlorate. These are cylindrical and the first priming is a cap of black powder without sulphur (70-30). The stars dry and then a cap more of black powder normal composition 75-15-10.

The load of break is rinds of rice with BP (75-15-10).

Till now no problem and it has improved the ignition.

But the worry stays for being of chlorate.

Someone does some recommendation. This is sure?

Thank you.

Post: I do not have access to chlorate. Only I have nitrate.

There you go saying your star is based on chlorate and you need a prime for that.

then you go saying you dont have access to chlorate and have only nitrate.

please mention clearly what you want to say.

-Eagle.

Ok. I am sorry.

It is sure to priming stars based on chlorate, with BP without asufre (70-30) the first cap. To leave drought and then another cap puts with BP (75-15-10) Classic Formula.. To improve the ignition.

Thank you.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Are you asking if primes without sulfur work?

I think what he is trying to say is that his priming works, but he is still worried about chlorate and sulphur containing comps are contained in the same shell. I have worked with chlorates in the past and for me personally the risk of chlorates covered under primes, even standard BP is negligible. The major concern seems to be friction. Exposed chlorate surfaces rubbing exposed sulphur surfaces are a different story than chlorates covered by primes. This is still something to think about though and it is of course up to everyone if he is willing to take the risk.

I am sorry.

It is exactly what I say.

If you're asking if what you are doing is a safe practice, then yes it is fine.

A cap of priming with black Gunpowder without sulphur. And other cap of black gunpowder in normal composition.

There would no be a very significant risk.

Excuse the inconvenience to me. I do not have the suitable terms.

I think what he is trying to say is that his priming works, but he is still worried about chlorate and sulphur containing comps are contained in the same shell. I have worked with chlorates in the past and for me personally the risk of chlorates covered under primes, even standard BP is negligible. The major concern seems to be friction. Exposed chlorate surfaces rubbing exposed sulphur surfaces are a different story than chlorates covered by primes. This is still something to think about though and it is of course up to everyone if he is willing to take the risk.

There would no be problem, the risk is very insignificant.

Thank you

Yes, you read it correctly, we do not think it is a significant risk.

Finished chlorate stars are safe enough if they are hard and dry. It's when they get damp and start to crumble that they become dangerous.