APC Forum

Rainbow rubber stars

PyroThrills

First off, hello,I have failed to find an introductions thread. Now on with my question. does anyone have experience rolling this comp?I did some research and from what i have found not changing the comp but adding .05 dextrin should yeild same results but make it rollable. Anyhow. i just finished rolling a batch of white with Ti to red, rolled to 9/16 for a six inch shell. in wet burn test (ground). There is no visible red color. any thoughts? Or should i just wait until its dry to worry? Edited by PyroThrills

I suggest waiting until they are dry to confirm that they are or are not working. Have you got any dry mix left that you can burn?

Adding 5% dextrin will change the stars performance, however not significantly. I expect they will all still be good, and in the case of carbon yellowing and polluting the flame you can jut cut back on some other fuel, or add a little more oxidiser to compensate, but i doubt you'll have any issues.

I've not rolled these exact compositions, but I've rolled others very similar, and they roll up nicely.

After drying, the stars worked well, the red was still a little washed out, but as a starting point I can live with it for now.

Some colour changes are problematic. The human eye sees bright white and closes down then the red needs the eye to open up again which it cannot do quickly enough. Using the comps as red to white could be a better option.

Similarly any pair of colours should display the less intense first.