APC Forum

Other headings

kpknd

When using things like flying fish, falling leaves or stars, should the fuse or stars be mixed right in with the bursting charge or seperated with a thin tissue barier?

The same question is for black powder and flash bursting charge.

How much titanium is about right in a flash heading?

As you can see, I am wanting to do more than just tape a motor to a stick and light it.

Tissue paper is recommended, but not necessary. Ofc you can mix stars and burst charge, but you wont get nice pattern.

I use 10% of Ti and it gives very nice effect. Also you can get nice effect with less as well, just do some tests.

Remember that flash is very dangerous mix, treat it like any other mix.

With flying fish an falling leaves I see no benefit in separating them from the burst... you're not trying to achieve any pattern.

With stars, it depends on the effect you want. If you want a ball of stars ,or another pattern, then yes, make a proper warimono, and this definitely includes star-burst separation with tissue.

If you want a splash of colour, waterfall or other version of dumping stars in the sky then the obvious way is t fill the casing with stars and put burst in the gaps. No point wasting time separating stars from burst when there's no need.

You get a distinct effect from 99% flash and 1% Titanium. You get a lot of sparks, but still plenty of bang with 50/50 flash and Ti. about 10% is typical, but this is a variable in your own artistic control. Your choice is yours to make based on what level of Titanium you find to be a compromise between effect and cost.

Build your shell as you would a regular shell, just change the passfire from a time fuse to quick match. Or are you just dumping stuff into the empty end of the tube?

For traditional dump style rocket headers, I just mix the stars and burst. For a big shell burst, follow typical construction for your desired effect. When using fuse for effect, I don't see a benefit to separating it from the burst either.

Build your shell as you would a regular shell, just change the passfire from a time fuse to quick match. Or are you just dumping stuff into the empty end of the tube?

I usualy put some 4F in the flash hole and a little over the end and seal it with a few drops of thinned NC lacquer, no missfires.