APC Forum

tubes

leedrill

http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/512/122807

has any one tried the 1" tubes from pyrocreations. Can you tell me do they have the same i.d. as nept tubes from hobby horse how do they compare strength wise. i.e. does anyone who uses them use them for end burners /whistle /or strobe rockets. If you have purchased these before would really appreciate some feed back

• 3 months later...

No, the tubes that Kevin sells are NOT the NEPT tubes Jim sells. Hobby Horse sells the "same" tubes as the Estes rockets are made from, the Pyrocreations tubes are made from chipboard and will not take the same pressures. That said, I have bought a thousand tubes from both and you can make great rockets from the chipboard tubes.

Make sure you have a solid tube support, use small increments and avoid nozzles.

Dave

thanks dag i currently still have about 3 lots of jim b.'s tubes in 1"id and the only tooling i have are to fit those and to be honest i did not know that about them being estes grade so thank you and i think ill keep my tube buying with jim he has always been helpful, responds very quickly to emails and the tubes are second to none from most pyro suppliers