APC Forum

Why does Skylighters free shipping always have a BS catch

Dean411

Seriously offer free shipping and thats it , not free shipping and get a 75 dollar grab bag . Give me 10 bucks worth of free fuse at least I can use that not what you call 80 $ worth of whats collecting dust on your shelves and then theres the but you have to spend $97 to get free shipping.

Sorry just a rant .

Dean

Free shipping is kind of a big deal when you're talking about hazmat stuff.

X2

I don't know who else has noticed but the prices on everything go up when there is "free shipping" so its not really free, the freebies maybe 1/2 free. you get $6 perchlorate for 15.61 $9.99 Lb.. but free shipping.

I have noticed the prices are differant on differant days of the week!

Edited by TheArchitect23

Maybe im wrong but doesnt Harry exclude Hazmat items from free shipping ?

I know he has alot of things you cant find elsewhere but he charges more for everything on his site

???

There are some items, I think chems mostly, he just doesn't ship...period. Warehouse or show pickup only. Are those the hazmat items?

The rest ship under "Consumer Commodity ORMD" through USPS or UPS.

ORM-D is by definition not hazmat shipping. He used to have some things that could go by true hazmat only, like barium nitrate and barium chlorate. I'm not sure if the shipping rules have changed on those things, or if they still sell them though. Even with Harry's prices, getting free hazmat shipping would easily be worth it. Well, it'd easily be worth it if everyone else followed the shipping rules and you couldn't get it elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong guys I had to pay Hazmat on Nitric acid through someone else not skylighter and in those instances it would be an excellent deal; but

with skylighter the prices for the most part are ridiculous.

His deal of the day emails are turning my inbox into a PITA to even look through.

he advertizes "some of the recent Deals of the day" as Potassium chlorate and Barium chlorate along with a few others which in the 2 years I've been getting the dotd emails have never been offered as a deal of the day. but when I signed up for the deal of the day emails I didn't sign up for the other 14 emails a week with I'm cousin Javis and I'm taking over toxic central today and you can get this and this and this if you order now before Lori brings me to my senses.

like I said in the begining of the post dont send me $200.00 worth of party poppers and sparklers because nobody wants to pay for them and pass it off as a "good deal for me"

just send me $10 worth of tubes ,shells or fuse at least I would use these! instead of passing whats sitting on your shelves to me so it can sit on a shelf at my house instead.

Sorry this post went further than I meant for it to didn't want to sound like a basher of skylighter because I still order certain things from there I think all the emails from them are making me crazy. :wacko:

Dean

When I see an advertized good deal, I look around and usualy find the same thing somewhere else at full price for less.

Don't get me wrong guys I had to pay Hazmat on Nitric acid through someone else not skylighter and in those instances it would be an excellent deal; but

with skylighter the prices for the most part are ridiculous.

His deal of the day emails are turning my inbox into a PITA to even look through.

he advertizes "some of the recent Deals of the day" as Potassium chlorate and Barium chlorate along with a few others which in the 2 years I've been getting the dotd emails have never been offered as a deal of the day. but when I signed up for the deal of the day emails I didn't sign up for the other 14 emails a week with I'm cousin Javis and I'm taking over toxic central today and you can get this and this and this if you order now before Lori brings me to my senses.

like I said in the begining of the post dont send me $200.00 worth of party poppers and sparklers because nobody wants to pay for them and pass it off as a "good deal for me"

just send me $10 worth of tubes ,shells or fuse at least I would use these! instead of passing whats sitting on your shelves to me so it can sit on a shelf at my house instead.

Sorry this post went further than I meant for it to didn't want to sound like a basher of skylighter because I still order certain things from there I think all the emails from them are making me crazy. :wacko:

Dean

I used to get a couple of emails a day from him too, however I fixed that by saying some uh not very nice things about him; but it worked hasn't sent me a single email since!!

Looks like Skylighter must read this forum because now they're offering 100 feet of crackling lemon fuse with every order...

Well, Harry is a member on here.

I imagine he might peruse the site a bit. We did have something setup with him for a while where we were a portal for distributing the TurboPyro manual.

The fuse is probably just a coincidence though.