APC Forum

Nice rack ;)

Anarchy08

needed something to hold up those pretty yellow tubes, so after 2 days,$160 bucks (materials), 1L paint (brunswick green) and 200 screws the final finished products.

2 racks of each size 2/2.5/3/4/6 ''

finished with a stencil and a bit of chrome paint for visibility at night

Each rack is 400mm long and holds:

6x 2''

5x2.5''

4x3''

3x4''

2x 6'' so 400mm works out to be a rather perfect size rack for the amateur to own and shoot.

Appologies for the file size

post-10157-0-62207900-1369661824_thumb.jpg

post-10157-0-56521400-1369661914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anarchy08

I like seeing racks built to uniform widths. It makes setting them up in the field together much, much easier. How do you plan on supporting them? Kickboards screwed into the ends, ratchet straps, stakes? Good work.

Nice job Anarchy. Would suggest adding carry handles or router out a handhold in the end plates if you plan on carrying them with tubes. Those 6" tubes get real heavy on a hot day. :wacko:

Those 6" tubes get real heavy on a hot day. :wacko:

Somehow, they manage to get heavier during the day. Seems like I can always set the racks by myself in the morning, but I need help carrying them back to the truck at the end of the day. :D

Somehow, they manage to get heavier during the day. Seems like I can always set the racks by myself in the morning, but I need help carrying them back to the truck at the end of the day. :D

Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about end of day pickup/cleanup yesterday. The show I assisted on was done on a 450' flat grassy lake spillway with only access being a concrete filled rock discharge inclined at about 40-45 degrees. Hell, I was close to being shot by 11am!!! Doesn't matter what part of the day...they be heavy.

Moral of the story.....never, never volunteer until all the fine details are known. :P

I have to completely disagree with both of you, mortar tubes seem to become their heaviest at around 12;30 or so just after your new years eve shoot.

I'm only in a small city in Aus but be we still get packed down by 230 or so in the morning, so past 1 in the morning and a rack of 3's feels like a rack of 6's. (comercial racks ~10/rack)

thanks for the comments guys, their only short in size so you can carry one under each arm by the top rail so i didn't worry. wanted to keep them clean so they take up less space in transport and storage so add on handles wouldn't work.

just have to add a tie off screw and they're done.

as you can see from the pic's their's still a few virgin guns ;)

as you can see from the pic's their's still a few virgin guns ;)

Watch out for those virgins...they'll give ya splinters! :D