APC Forum

pyramid

bob

Okay I need some help here.

if a pyramid has a width of 70 cm (square bottom) and a height of 70 cm (strait from bottom to top) what is it's volume?

I don't want to know the formula; as I already know it, what I want is the actual volume cause when I figure it out it just doesn't seem right but when I do the questions in my math book for the volume of a pyramid I get it right every time.

bob

If I've done my math correctly, I'm finding 114,333.33 cubic centimeters.

so the lenght of the side is 70 cm? so then 70x70x70x1/3=114333.33(33) yep bobo is right.

Huh I guess I was right then ( that's what I came up with to) it just doesn't look right, as I have the pyramid and it just doesn't seem like 28 gallons.

bob

Edited by bob

1 cubic meter is like 250 gallons, so yeah

Bah, if it was a real pyramid 70cm on a side, it would be 49.5cm high and 80850cc. The Pharaoh would have you walled up alive for ordering too much stone.

Hehehe I don't think the Pharaoh would like it too much that I was using it to blow dirt into the sky eather.

oinikis in case you didn't know one cubic cm is one ml and there are one thousond mls in a liter and four liter in a gallon, that's how I did my conversion.