APC Forum

parlon stars

eb11

my question is my stars with magnalium burn fast and the ones with lactose burn nice and slow so i am wondering if i can not use the magnalium and replace it with lactose the stars with lactose are nice

forgot they doubled the potasiume perc from .3 to .63 when not using the magnalium and using the lactose instead

Edited by eb11

forgot they doubled the potasiume perc from .3 to .63 when not using the magnalium and using the lactose instead

So your question is answered? Try out a small test batch, I typically make 10 grams for a test batch. Make a few stars, and save some to burn in dry powder form. See if it works.

• 3 weeks later...

quick question what determins the burn rate of a parlon star. this is what i am using for a red star i took out the magnalium and increased the perc to .6 but there was no color i forgot about the lactose but i think that would have given me a bluer red i am guessing. when i took out the magnalium the star burned alot longer so any help is appretiated

Component Red

Potassium perchlorate 0.3 Magnalium 0.3 Strontium carbonate 0.2 Calcium carbonate Barium carbonate Copper carbonate Parlon 0.15 Red gum 0.05 Lactose 0.05 0.05 0.05